Discouraged

Michelle M.
on 4/11/13 5:35 am - Toledo, OH
VSG on 03/12/13 with

I am having such a hard time with wrapping my head around how our bodies work. I am only four weeks out and I haven't lost anything in two weeks. In fact I have gained a couple lbs. I know that is probably water weight and it comes and goes. I can't help but think that I am doing something wrong to hurt my sleeve. It seems like the first month is the most successful for most people But Mine just did not go like I thought it would. I have only lost 18 lbs since surgery.

I do track on MFP. That was some ones suggestion when I brought this up in the beginning of my stall. My user name is binklie, Feel free to check it out and friend me. 

I know that so many say this is normal but really Two Weeks and not one lb? I am starting to wonder if this was worth it.

Michelle

Deckeriv
on 4/11/13 5:44 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Completely normal. Don't fret. In six months it will be 80 pounds and you will wonder why you ever worried.

If you really think you are retaining some water, it means you probably aren't drinking enough. The stall at 3 weeks happens to everyone. Your body has to pause to gather itself.

When have you ever lost 18 pounds in a month before and been disappointed? Take the long view and your mood will improve.

Good luck.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Michelle M.
on 4/11/13 5:53 am - Toledo, OH
VSG on 03/12/13 with

Deckeriv

Thank you for responding, 6 Months and 80 lbs seems sooo far away. I can't even imagine it. You are very right, 18 lbs in a month is really good. I didn't really look at it from that perspective. I do have a hard time drinking water, all the water, I get in about 3-4 water bottles a day (16.9 oz). I know that it needs to be more but most days that is all i can handle. Prior to this journey I could go a week without drinking any water.

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words.

jenngirl
on 4/11/13 5:47 am
VSG on 06/25/12

It's worth it Michelle! I think everyone runs into those stalls and doubts. Just keep plugging away. You will go through many stalls. The thing is, you have to keep doing what your surgeon tells you to do. You will get through the stalls one by one, and you will ultimately lose. I can't tell you how many frustrating stalls I have seen. I am 130+ lbs down since my pre-op diet and surgery. If you keep doing what you're supposed to be doing, you are not going to "hurt" your sleeve. I thought the same thing. I think we have all been where you are. Keep your head up and keep your heart into your new lifestyle. You will do amazing!

Michelle M.
on 4/11/13 6:17 am - Toledo, OH
VSG on 03/12/13 with

Wow 130 lbs, Congrats. That is amazing. I hope that I am able to say that someday. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words.

Michelle

foolishgrrl_1
on 4/11/13 5:54 am, edited 4/11/13 5:56 am
VSG on 03/11/13

I was sleeved on 3/11, the same thing happened to me.  The scale went back up like 8 pounds and I knew I needed to push more fluids.  I just kept on with my plan and the scale did start to move this past week.  Don't worry, just drink lots of water and stick to your plan.  Make sure you are getting enough protein and you'll do great! broken heart

edited for date.. apparently the heat has gotten to me! lol

Michelle M.
on 4/11/13 6:01 am - Toledo, OH
VSG on 03/12/13 with

oooo you were sleeved one day before me. . . Okay so I am curious, How much water do you drink a day and do you drink anything else. I don't do coffee or tea. Can you give me a sample of your meal plan. I was having a hard time getting in protein but I know that i need to just suck it up and get it in so that is my goal for this week, Enough fluid and protein!

Thank you for responding.

Michelle

foolishgrrl_1
on 4/11/13 6:34 am
VSG on 03/11/13

I have struggled until recently, tbh.  I noticed that when I started getting my fluids in, the scale started moving, as I suspected.  I'll pm you. kiss

datachick
on 4/11/13 5:55 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

You are not unique.

Just keep eating and exercising per your plan and the weight will come off.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

shess1025
on 4/11/13 7:20 am - Novato, CA

I was sleeved one day after you....so far I'm down 17#....no stalls, just a fairly consistent loss. Drinking 1 premier protein RTD with a shot of espresso, and normallish food .... I shoot for 70 g of protein, 30 carbs, 20 fats. Somehere between 400-600 calories a day. Have never gone over 600 calories. Today i was .5 pound higher than yesterday... a first, but that's what I get for weighing myself daily. I am walking 30 min. a day, most days. Have had no "incidents" with food, save the onee time I didn't chew my steamed spinach enough; so I feel pretty lucky. Sure, I wish my excess weight was peeling off more dramatically, but I'm wearing pants and tops I couldn't wear 4 weeks ago...and almost in the 260's from my pre-op 294..... so.... I'm gonna just trust all the Before/After pictures and testimonials from people who have been there before me.....and trust the process as long as I do my bit.

I track on MFP (so helpful). Get liquids via water, broth, tea.

I really dig Trader Joe's. Now that I can eat dense protein, their roasted chicken patties (1/2 of one is 2 oz) is so user-friendly. And I love their egg white salad, ranchero salad (again, I eat 1/2 a container for a meal). My portions, which I used to think of as "doll food" now seem bigger to me. I think my eyes/mind are adjusting to my new normal :)

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views