tough time 6 days post op

tia47
on 4/16/13 5:50 am - cleve, OH
Ok, so I know how important protein shakes are at this point. My pre surg dt with the protein was no prob. Post op I'm ready to gag. I've tried almond milk unsweet with water, jus****er, UNJURY chick, sf carb instant, something from gnc. All I'm managing is plain water and dt Snapple...oh and some Campbell's 70 cal soup of which 1/2 had me full even though it's like water.
I realize this is not good for me. Any ideas? Um going to get the pb2 and will try Atkins.

Thanks,

Tia
datachick
on 4/16/13 5:52 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Can you call your nutritionist or surgeon's office?

if you read around this forum and on line in general, you will see lots of recommendations. But yes it's not healthy, you have to get some protein in you.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Diana E.
on 4/16/13 6:25 am
VSG on 03/27/13

Have you tried adding unflavored or chicken soup flavored protein powder to your soup?  I had to resort to that for a few days.  Couldn't seem to get anything else down.  And maybe a full scoop is too much for you right now, go with 1/2 scoop and work your way up.  It's better than nothing.  Hang in there.  The first couple weeks are tough... it's hard to get anything in.  Keep your water intake up, and as the swelling in your pouch goes down, you will get more in. :)

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views