It's That Time Again! 10 Month Surgy -- w/Pix (I Hope)!!!

Italian-Princess
on 4/28/13 2:02 am, edited 4/28/13 4:30 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Buon Giorno OH Family!

‘Tis time for my monthly missive -- 10 months ago today, I stopped being who I was and started my journey to who I am today. What a fantastic, happy, fun-filled road I’ve traveled.

Over the past month, there have been scale victories, a scale disappointment, tape measure victories, and too many NSVs to remember them all! How lucky can I be?

Took a two week cruise to the Southern Caribbean this month. It was a wonderful trip and I did things I haven’t done in ages:

1. Wore a swimsuit in public (yes, with a pair of shorts to cover my majorly Sharpei thighs (didn’t want to scare the other passengers LOL).

2. Didn’t even pack the airplane seat belt extended I have -- no need for it any longer!

3. Took rides on several catamarans and one 1925 sailing ship (I even got a chance to steer it for a while! Super Cool!!!)…….took the ladders down to the ocean -- where I promptly got myself in a pickle and as the waves went out, my footing slipped and I ended up on my tuchas -- laughing happily and not one bit embarrassed! And I graciously accepted the help of one of the crew without having to worry about him getting a hernia helping me up!

Those are a few of the fun things. The scale disappointment came when I got home and found I’d gained several pounds. I admit to some carb-fests while gone -- not HUGE, but I did indulge a bit. Did not get in a dither, though -- I knew those were water weight pounds because my ankles had grown to the size of a major pipeline! They came off fast, though, and now I‘m ready to starting losing again.

Six pounds and six inches lost this month -- how happy am I??? Thus far, 88 pounds, and 77.75 inches since surgery -- and over 100 pounds since May 16, 2012. When I saw my primary doctor last month, she commented that I have no butt! LOL I still don’t understand how I can have hips the size of Rhode Island but have no tuchas??? When I showed her my Sharpei body parts, she immediately gave me the name of her favorite plastic surgeon!!! She (very kindly) mentioned that the “girls” need some help or I’ll soon be tucking them into my socks! She also measured my height………I’ve been 5’ 1.5” for years. Guess what? I “grew” .25 inch, so I’m now 5’ 1.75” YEP -- the weight I lost let my spine loosen enough that it looks like I actually grew! Who knew???

The BEST for last: I found ONEderland this month! This is the least I’ve weighed since I was about 28 -- I’m 65 now, so it’s been a LONG time. I’m delighted!!!

Again, I must thank those of you who have supported and encouraged me these many months. Without you, I’d be plugging along, but without the joy and pleasure you have all brought into my life. With you and those on MFP, this journey has been wonderful. As many of you know, there has been little support/encouragement here at home, so I truly do depend on the “kindness of strangers” -- though I don’t think of you as strangers at all………you are part of my extended family and I do have great affection and appreciation for each of you

Let’s rejoice in our successes and in the fact that Spring may actually have arrived here on this blue marble we call Earth!

Hugs Everyone,

Ree xoxox

Above is a pic of my ship and of me pointing to a lizard -- which, you will note, I'm NOT chasing LOL

The dress is snug (okay, tight), but I hope to shrink into it soon!  I bought it because of the color -- note that it's NOT PINK!  LOL

Just a pic taken on my balcony -- made morning tea so calm and serene -- this is about an hour before sunset -- those were as beautiful as the sunrises.

claimmaster
on 4/28/13 2:15 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

What a great post!  I look forward to having similar experiences when my time comes.

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Italian-Princess
on 4/28/13 6:39 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thank you -- I like writing about my journey -- hoping what I say can help others know that there's a lot of good stuff out there to learn and see and do and enjoy..........we just have to force ourselves to take the time to find it all.  You will have many such experiences as you go forward......each day is better and better.  I love Myrtle (my sleeve) -- she's brought so many wondrous adventures into my life.

Good luck with your journey!

busboss1
on 4/28/13 2:37 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Congratulations on all of your victories! Sounds like you had a very FUN trip! Your post was uplifting! Great pictures!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Italian-Princess
on 4/28/13 6:44 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thank you Busboss :-) Yes, the trip was great -- then again, there are those who know me well and will tell you that I can find a good time romping through a cow pasture LOL

Congratulations on your own progress!  You are doing a fantastic job!  WTG!!!

Ree

wink77
on 4/28/13 3:03 am - NE
Congrats lady, your hard work has paid off.
Italian-Princess
on 4/28/13 6:45 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thank you so much :-)

ParisGirl
on 4/28/13 3:24 am
VSG on 04/25/13

So happy for you, Ree!  You've worked hard and diligently. And you've been a source of inspiration for many.  And you are so supportive of everyone.  You truly are a special angel that has graced this world.  

Italian-Princess
on 4/28/13 6:52 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thank you, Sandra :-)  Your kind words touch my heart.  You know, we have to support our sleeve family -- no one else knows what this life is like and how very hard it can be at times.  The trick, I've found, is to find the blessings, the good stuff, so that when we get smacked with the bad stuff, we have a good cushion to fall on.  I'm a very blessed woman to have found so many wonderful people who keep me going when I want to crawl in a hole.   

BTW, I'm incredibly proud of you.  I knew you'd be a "go-getter" from your pre-op dedication to logging on MFP -- and in your 3 days post-op, you're impressing everyone with how well you're doing and with your positive attitude!  That's BIG BIG BIG -- our mental attitude has a strong influence on our physical well-being.  You GOT THIS!!!

Ree

full-of-hopen
on 4/28/13 3:25 am

You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Ree!! So very happy for you!  Barb

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views