Pregnancy after VSG

RoMoFo
on 5/11/13 5:22 am
VSG on 09/19/13
I'm just wondering if there are any members on here that have been able to have healthy successful pregnancies after surgery. I don't have any kids but I do want to have some. Recently a friend told me about a co-worker of hers that had a baby after WLS and has been requiring blood transfusions ever since her daughter was born. I'm in the medical field and know there are many reasons why that could be but not comparing myself to anyone just wanting to hear others stories. I am in the process of finishing my pre-op requirements and feel like I need the time to get healthy and use this tool and then I can focus on starting a family.
Sasny
on 5/11/13 5:40 am
VSG on 03/20/12
Search on this website for posts by USAFwife or USAF wife. She's had two successful Post VSG pregnancies about 1 year apart. She doesn't really post anymore but she had some great long posts about her pregnancies. There have also been others that have posted about successful pregnancies.

Birdie55
on 5/11/13 6:04 am

There is a Pregnancy after weight loss surgery forum here.  You might check it out. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/postop_pregnancy/

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

jengo1971
on 5/11/13 1:49 pm

Right here (waving hand).  My daughter is 3 months.  I was just over 2 years out when she was born.  No problems at all!  Message me if you have any particular questions.  Good luck!

Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Alicia L.
on 5/12/13 11:54 am - Wichita, KS

I have a beautiful 10 month old daughter that I had post-WLS. The reason I had WLS was to be able to get pregnant. I had severe PCOS, and didn't ovulate. I got pregnant 7 months after surgery (with my surgeon's permission). I had a perfect pregnancy, no morning sickness, I practiced taekwondo until 38 weeks and belly danced until 39 weeks. I'm just as healthy now after pregnancy, even though I'm struggling to lose the last few pounds.

When you're ready, you'll be able to do it. Go for it!

Find me on facebook: facebook.com/shoppinggirl
I also routinely update my blog, www.memyselfandalicia.com
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views