This lightweight is six months out....

Gigicolorado
on 5/30/13 2:23 pm, edited 5/30/13 2:26 pm
And feeling really happy. My BMI was 35 and I certainly would recommend VSG to other lightweights especially with the comorbitities I had.
A month ago, I had been feeling faint and lightheaded so my Doc weened me off my BP meds because my readings were way too low and now I am Good! BP is normal. I was at stroke levels before VSG!<br />
I have lost 50 pounds. Have another 20 to go. It has been slow for me, but typically is when you get closer to a healthy weight. My metabolism is painfully slow. Just keep in mind everybody is very different! <br />
I run 2 miles a couple times a week and keep to my eating plan. But beware that the snacking monster is always lurking around the corner. Old habits die hard!

pineview01
on 5/30/13 2:39 pm - Davison, MI

Thank you for posting.  When I was sleeved I was considered a light weight/revision.  My BMI was actually down to 32 and I couldn't be revised unless I was bmi35.  With the band out and waiting for the sleeve the bmi jumped up so was 38 at sugery.

I am so much slower than everybody that had surgery with me it is reassuring hearing from you.  Congratulations on a job well done.  I hear ya about thr snacking monster.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/30/13 3:35 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Great job! I hear you abt the slow metabolism and the snack monkey! Its hard to fight it off! But we have to keep on trying!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Mom_2_4
on 5/30/13 10:42 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

Thank you for sharing.  I'm a week post op and am concerned about the rate of loss but your story sounds just like mine!  CONGRATULATIONS!  

Good Luck, getting to goal.

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

defygravity
on 5/31/13 2:52 am - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

I am one who appreciates posts from slow losers.  I get sleeved 7/10 and am thinking I will be a slow loser, too.  Reading posts like this reminds me that if I don't drop weight quickly, I will still be a loser/winner.

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

Most Active