What in the F is going on?? I'm hating life right now.

HilaryH8103
on 5/30/13 3:21 pm - WA
I'm just shy of 3 months post-op, I've lost 85 lbs so far, my BMI has gone from almost 51 down to 38, everything WAS going great BUT over the last week things have slowly gotten worse & worse. Especially yesterday & today, I haven't been able to keep anything down, even water. It's worse in the morning, almost like morning sickness but I'm NOT pregnant. I don't feel hungry at all lately. All I want to do is sleep. I felt great after my surgery & I've been feeling great over the last 12 weeks but this last week I've hated everything about my sleeve. It's so hard keeping my vits & other meds for my R.A down, usually I'll throw them back up in the morning.
Yesterday I had maybe 350 calories & today I've had maybe 200?
I highly doubt it's a stricture, I'm not pregnant, I talked to my surgeon earlier- he called me in some anti-nausea meds & said it sounds like the flu, I know that I don't have the damn flu.
I've been in my pjs for the last 2 days not doing a darn thing. I want to eat badly but nothing sounds good & everything I eat makes me sick. It started off where I'd only feel sick in the morning but now the nausea happens at night & I've thrown up at night too. I don't even care about losing weight right now, I just want to feel better mentally, physically & emotionally. I've had my period now 7 X's in 13 weeks. I'm just run down.
Thank God I'm unemployed right now because I couldn't go to work like this.

Has anyone ever felt sick like this after doing so well at first? I'm praying it's just my body trying to catch up from such a fast weight loss. Will I feel better when I reach maintenance? I'm SO frustrated with my body I could scream but that would do me no good & probably cause me to throw up.

All I've gotten in today is 2 cups of chicken broth, both with a scoop of Unjury & maybe 16-20 ozs of Gatorade. I haven't had Gatorade since before surgery but it's the only other liquid that I can keep down. Screw the carbs!!

I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/30/13 3:30 pm, edited 5/30/13 3:30 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Hey Hilary! So sorry you are feeling crappy! I hope you will see your doc and figure out what is going on with you. Hope its nothing serious and you will be over this bug soon! Sending cyber hugs!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mickeymantle
on 5/30/13 3:35 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sounds like the flu to me , could be a leak but there rare a 3  months , with you having your period so often  maybe its a hormone problem , messed  up hormones are common with fast weight loss , you need to got see your pcp

could also be that your dehydrated, that will make you nauseous 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Kelly-AnneH
on 5/30/13 3:50 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Your symptoms could well be simple dehydration, or a UTI, which can be caused by the dehydration. UTIs can be sneaky and have only wooziness and thick-headedness for symptoms. I had a low grade UTI at about a month out and the only symptoms I had were exhaustion, wooziness and having trouble stringing an intelligent sentence together. A couple of days on antibiotics and Iwas a new woman.

If really working on drinking (milk, water, herb tea, diluted fruit juice - whatever it takes) doesn't have you feeling a whole lot better within a couple of hours get yourself to the Dr. Don't waste time on self diagnosis or even waiting for more fabulous advice from us. Your doctor knows WAY more than we do about what could be making you feel so awful.

Hugs,
Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

sarapilar
on 5/31/13 5:32 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Good point about the possible UTI - they are sneaky!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Stacy_312
on 5/30/13 6:28 pm - College Station, TX

Hillary,

So sorry that you are having such a hard time.  I am almost 9 weeks out, so what your experiencing definitely caused me a moment of panic.  I have felt great like you and considered myself one of the lucky ones.  I never had nausea after surgery and have not thrown up or over eaten to throw up.  So now Im like....whoa...hope this doesnt happen to me.  I saw the other post you put before about already being on an antacid that you took in the am.  I just had a thought....do you think it could be your gallbladder?!?!?  (dont know if you may have already said if you had that out or not).  But even if you have no pain, sometimes the only sign of gallbladder attack is nausea and vomiting that progressively gets worse.  I am rooting for ya girl, hope you find relief soon!!!  How many days has it been now?  Also, did you tell your surgeon we aren't in flu season anymore???  :)  Also, I feel your pain with the periods thing....been out of surgery almost 9 weeks and have had 3 periods each lasting about 2 weeks.  UGH!!!  my obgyn (who was not impressed by my surgery or weightloss) said that its so much stress on our bodies that it doesnt know what to do.  She said it would act like we were anorexic.  But unlike most anorexics...who usually stop their periods, we have just been the lucky ones to bleed more.  She switched me off oral contraceptives in case I wasnt absorbing them right and switched me to the Nuvaring.  Not sure if I will like it or not, but I'll let you know as it may be an option for you.  Take care girl!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/13 6:45 pm

Sounds like an RA flare to me.  :o(  Hope you feel better soon!

SophieNJ
on 5/30/13 10:31 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I have not experienced anything like that, but with TOM  7x in 13 weeks, I'd definitely make an appt with my gyn.....not everything wrong with us will be related to our WLS...even if it is, no harm in having the "nether regions" expert check it out, not just the WLS surgeon...keep both of the informed.

best of luck to you, I hope you feel better very soon.

Sophie

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/13 10:33 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
I was thinking it might have something to do with your RA. We have someone in our group with RA and my surgeon has been watching her much more carefully than someone without RA because he said that RA medication can delay healing of the sleeve. He also told her he wouldn't feel comfortable about a lea****il she was at least a year out.

I'm so sorry you are feeling so crummy!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do, even running errands for you.
NursingQueen
on 5/30/13 10:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 08/26/13

I just joined here and haven't had surgery yet so I can't give much help but I do know that with having all those periods you should have your PCP check your hemoglobin & iron levels.  Anemia can make you feel very tired all the time!  Hope all is well and I'm very excited to get to know some new friends!  Good luck!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views