Bones Ache

denisedufrene
on 5/31/13 6:16 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Is it normal for your bones to ache...I am 2 month post op and they hurt more now that ever...I didn't realize until yesterday that among all my vitimins I was missing my caluicm...could this be a reason...any replies are appreciated....

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

zra
on 5/31/13 6:24 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

Which bones? My tailbone hurts. That's a common complaint around here. And, my hip bones hurt. I spoke to the nurse about it and she believes it's because my center of gravity keeps changing with my weight loss, so it's effecting how I walk and occasionally makes my bones hurt.

HW: 363  SW: 340  

denisedufrene
on 5/31/13 7:14 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Mostly my hip & tail bone too....My left shoulder hurts sometimes too...did your nurse say it gets better...

SuzieQ14
on 5/31/13 7:16 am

Check your Vitamin D too.  Even if you take calcium it want absorb without Vitamin D.  When I wake up in the middle of the night and my breastbone is aching I know I need Vitamin D.  A couple of days of supplementing and it goes away.

denisedufrene
on 5/31/13 7:26 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Thanks for the reply I will look into that....thanks again

Diana E.
on 5/31/13 7:42 am
VSG on 03/27/13

I have a bum knee.. and it's been hurting more in the past month.  I never considered the shift in center of gravity.. I bet that has a lot to do with it.  I have noticed I walk different, sit different.. well, everything is different.  Even my fused ankle that hasn't bothered me since that surgery has flared up a bit.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

OregonGuy2012
on 5/31/13 7:49 am
VSG on 04/04/13

I had the hip and left shoulder pains as well.  It was like they were bruised or something.  I assumed they were due to how I was changing my posture as weight came off.  I still have a little pain but its mostly gone now at 8 weeks out.  I think for me the lifting of weights and doing more sit-ups and push-ups have helped strengthen the areas.  At first it was hard since they were so sore but it started to alleviate the more and more I did them.

I also take two calcium +D supplements a day.

Metime12.
on 5/31/13 9:02 am

I am almost 8 months out and I have the same tail bone and hip pain. It's a burning sensations combined with sharp *****ing pain! I never linked it to the VSG just boiled it down to my arthritis progressing and my bad posture and gait from my long standing knee problems and recent knee replacement surgery! I am interested to know if there really is a link to the WLS and joint pain! I will be following this subject very close and should ask my surgeon the next time I see him or opo him an email! 

These are the first days of the rest of my life. I feel like i have gone through a rebirth, with a second chance for a new life to live and a new me to treasure! I will remain on the losers bench for the rest of my  healthier life!         
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views