Help!

cata01
on 6/17/13 4:37 am

Hello -I had the lap band put on last year, lost 60 lbs then all  the problems ... slippage and problems.  They removed the band and did the sleeve.  i'm 8 months out and have not really lost a significant amount of weight.  i can tell you even after surgery i felt that i had way to much room for intake??? besides not eating all the right stuff all the time, i dont feel like it was successful either?  anyone have any thoughts?  My general phys told me recently that he didn't see a  lot of weight loss??? I'm so unhappy  and need to get back on track.  These were expensive surgeries,  total $34000.00 ...  blah!!! 

thanks,

atia
on 6/17/13 5:11 am - parma, OH
VSG on 04/10/13

Hi there,

I'm a band to sleeve revision.  I had the band 10 years/180 lbs lost, had all fill removed for 3 mos, gained 50lbs, sleeved 4/10/13.

Have you spoken to your surgeon?  I know my surgeon is expecting me to get to goal.  People will say revisions lose slower and truth is I dont know.  I went from 350lbs the day of surgery to 288.75 today.  I have a plan and I follow it to a T.  Did your surgeon give you a plan to follow?  We have to make that decision re what we want and go after it.  Did you ever discuss this with youur surgeon?  Do you have regular followups? So much plays into this surgery...for me, even more than the band. What kind of plan are you on...what are you eating?  Letting the board know will allow the VETS to be of great help to you.  I'm far from a vet lol, just a revision pt. 

TaKe care and if you can, let us know.

t

cata01
on 6/17/13 5:32 am
Thanks. I think I'm going back to basic and start proteins. Seriously gotta do this. I hope it drops off quickly .) lol.
Jackie T.
on 6/17/13 5:15 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Sorry you had problems with the first surgery.  My suggestion would be to get back to basics.  You indicated that you were not eating the right stuff and the only way at this point to get the weight off is to get back on track and do the work.  None of these surgeries will work if you don't work them.  You will probably have some detoxing but get off the carbs.  Make sure you are eating at least 80 grams of protein, when you are hungry grab protein instead of carbs.  Drink your water, eat only healthy carbs like in green vegetables.  Log all of your food intake, everything.  Start exercising if you are not by at least walking on a regular basis.

Go and see a therapist if you need to or try and get into a good support group.  You can do this but you need to get back on track and follow the program.  You need to get tough with yourself.  It may be slow but it will come off if you do what you are suppose to do.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

cata01
on 6/17/13 5:30 am
Thank you!
cata01
on 6/17/13 5:28 am
Hi- No this was the second DR at this weightless clinic. Very disappointed. Just want to know if there are other things I can do to get this weight off
cata01
on 6/17/13 5:36 am

Maybe you ladies can give me some head start how to jump start myself.  Not a big carb person, i think exercise is for sure key.  Here's an example just had some tuna ;with lettuce and pickles & water.  it's been a hour 1 1/2 since and now my stomach is growling again?   ugh!  any suggestions.

band2sleeverevision
on 6/17/13 5:53 am
VSG on 02/25/13

Tuna is a soft food.  Try chicken, beef or even some deli ham. Exercise at least 45 minutes a day,even if it's just walking.  I find that getting my water in over 90 ounces is key.  Anything less than that and I feel "hungry".

Go ahead and eat 3 ounces of your protein at a sitting and if you're still hungry, fill in with 1/2 cup veggies.  Then stop.  Eat 3 meals and a snack or two.

The restriction of the band is different from the sleeve I think.  With the band, you'd feel pressure in your throat and chest that was a signal to stop.  With the sleeve it's just a "full" feeling, more like Thanksgiving.  It's best to measure everything until you're sure you're losing and eating the right amounts.

Also, check with your dr....you may have acid that's making the stomach gurgle like that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views