Two years today I had the VSG... 223 pounds lost.

Linda B.
on 6/21/13 3:49 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Happy 2nd year broken heart You are an amazing inspiration to many of us, me included. I can't wait to meet you at the OH conference. That is going to be one heck of a party.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

sleevegirl
on 6/22/13 3:15 am - Austin, TX

I can't wait to meet everyone too... we're going to have an amazing time finally seeing everyone in person :) xoxo

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/13 9:12 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Sorry I'm late to the party. I just want to tell you that your perserverance is a wonderful and awe-inspiring thing. I know people can lose weight after the first year, but it takes some extra determination. You have that! I am happy to be on this forum to have people like you to keep me inspired and amazed that the VSG coupled with some determination and  some therapy can conquer this weight thing! I mean, stomp it in the ground! I know, I know we have to be vigilant for life. You're a rock star and congratulations!

From one Texas girl to another, HELL YEAH!

Oh and btw, I recently met a woman who had VSG in 2005. Yeah, no **** threw me for a loop. I was talking to her on facebook and she REALLY had it back in 2005. I was like no way. She never went back for the second half of the DS. She has kept off ALL 186 lbs of the 200 lbs she originally needed to lose. She told me she got pregnant in 2008, gained about 28 lbs, and lost it afterward. She says she still does protein, protein, protein and has a miracle baby she never expected because she couldn't get pregnant for many years until she lost the weight. She says she has always treated her sleeve with the utmost respect because it gave her a new lease on life and health and gave her her miracle child. I was so impressed and inspired by her story. I have a feeling you're going to be saying the same thing in 8 years post op too! Congratulations!!!

sleevegirl
on 6/22/13 10:26 am - Austin, TX

That's amazing... 8 years. I can do it :) Thanks for sharing, it always helps to hear!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ITwon
on 6/24/13 4:05 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Sometimes I ge****ery eyed seeing someone who is so successful post surgery, because I can't wait for that for me! And I'm a guy lol I am super happy for your success.
Esquared
on 6/24/13 4:17 pm - CA
VSG on 06/06/13

Incredible - thank you for posting! You look amazing - congratulations.

"I am what I am not yet." - Maxine Greene

TynettaM
on 6/25/13 1:05 am - Greensboro, NC

very inspirational......you look awesome

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views