Two years today I had the VSG... 223 pounds lost.

SuzieQ14
on 6/21/13 4:08 am

I just want to say Thanks for posting your journey, I don't do the Twitter thing but if I did I would definately be a "follower".  Your success has been Amazing.  I know you've mentioned neck and back issues, but wondering if you exercised at all? Just wanted to say your story definately inspires me.

sleevegirl
on 6/21/13 4:13 am - Austin, TX

I LOVED the gym for the first 9 months. Then the neck thing happened, then I went through a bout of depression. I was just starting to work my way back into the gym when my back started up.

So, yes, I DID exercise, I should be doing it again. I'm still suffering a little with depression. I force myself to take a little walk now and then. It's something I'm working on. Work in progress. I know if I did my exercise, I'd drop another five pounds. I just have to WANT to do it enough and so far... yeah.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Tracy D.
on 6/21/13 4:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Candy - you are a beautiful lady!  Thanks so much for sharing your story and the before-and-after pictures.  I'm really glad that you mentioned therapy and how it's helped.  I've always said that if I only ate because I was physically hungry then I would have never been fat!  For many of us food has been our comfort, a way to push down uncomfortable feelings and a way to isolate ourselves from the pain of the real world.  Navigating our way through that nightmare often takes a little professional help. 

Congratulations on all your accomplishments!

Tracy

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/21/13 4:15 am

BTW, I really appreciate you stressing therapy.  I was in therapy during the year before the surgery.   Two weeks after surgery, I got back into therapy and went every two weeks for 6 months. When I went back to the therapist after the VSG, I informed her of the surgery because she didn't know that I was going to have it.  Then I simply told her that I didn't get that big for nothing and I didn't want to gain it back.  It had a profound effect on me.  I'm a believer.  

This is my reboot time.  You may not recall, but I was a steady loser for a year. Then I moved out of my house to a friend's house, then moved across the country into an apartment, and finally into my current home.  Three moves and three surgeries later (gallbladder, arms, and breast), I'm ready to get going again. I wasn't really stalled. I was maintaining. You see- I'd never moved without gaining at least 50 pounds before.  The sleeve has been great. I still have restriction.

So after a month long vacation- mostly in Europe, I'm ready to get going again. I suspect that it won't be the same.  I was a machine during that first year.  So seeing someone who started around the time and weight that I did gets me excited. It may not be as fast as it used to be, but I know that I still have a pretty good tool.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
sleevegirl
on 6/21/13 4:21 am - Austin, TX

I know. I sometimes feel like all I do is say the word "therapy" on here, but seriously... it's SO overlooked in our community that it makes me sad :(

You've had a rough year, but you know what? You maintained. That's something. No. That's HUGE.

Hang in there... xoxoxo

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

mimij
on 6/21/13 4:17 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12
Candy, you are amazing, awe inspiring, beautiful, funny, insightful, blessed and such a REAL person. I am so happy for you. You work so hard and deserve every bit of success. Thanks for all your words of real wisdom and experience. Congrats on your 2 year anniversary. Looking forward to the day when back surgery is over and your pain is relieved. Hugs

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/21/13 4:18 am
frisco
on 6/21/13 4:18 am

You already know what I think.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sleevegirl
on 6/21/13 4:24 am - Austin, TX

... that we should have my husband bumped off so you can move to Austin and cook delicious food for me?

....... What?

Hehehehe, I love you, Frisco. You're a grouchy old fart sometimes, but you keep it real and make me think (which I love and hate). As much as I hate to admit it, you and Elina are part of my success, you've yanked my head out of the sand more than once.

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/13 4:55 am

And it's not over yet.  We will keep yanking each other's head out of the sand from here on forward.  You know what I think of you and your success.  You make me smile, tear up and and say a quiet thank you to the powers that be.  You are a walking miracle and a tremendous inspiration to me and countless others. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 156 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 447 views