Night before surgery

Kathy-cny
on 6/24/13 1:27 pm - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

Well it is finally here....I am scheduled for sleeve surgery tomorrow at 1pm. I have followed my pre-op diet for the required well pretty well UNTIL this past sSaturday .....i had company visiting and drank a glass of white wine and had a few of those low carb beers.....so I have been paranoid since thinking that my doctor will start my surgery and look inside and say "cancel this surgery....she drank and ate too much over the weekend!"  I did speak to someone who did allay my fears and paranoia a bit so I think I will sleep better tonight.....on the other hand I need to ***** about the hubby.....he called into work sick today because he said he was sick....Upset stomach and feeling lightheaded....hmmmm has he been on the same pre-op diet as me? NOT!   Then he states, "we'll I hope I feel better to take you to hospital tomorrow" WTF....I will drive myself after being NPO since midnight.....I have my bag partially packed(still doing laundry) and first thing tomorrow weigh myself and start my ticker....pack my iPad and dummies for weight loss book...but all I really need is access to Obesity Help.com....Thank you for all the words of wisdom and many pages I have bookmarked for future reference...see you on the losers bench on Wednesday 

Nighty Night.      

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

Kathy-cny
on 6/24/13 1:29 pm - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

Excuse the spelling and grammar errors...damn iPad

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

Atl_Gadget_Grrl but u
can call me Charlotte

on 6/24/13 1:36 pm, edited 6/24/13 8:32 pm
VSG on 06/12/13
Good luck tomorrow!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

sunshine66
on 6/24/13 1:47 pm

angry  Best Wishes for you.

Member Services
on 6/24/13 2:05 pm - Irvine, CA

Best wishes and congratulations!!  You are on your way.  

We can't wait to hear from you post-op.

A Bridal Flower Bouquet Tied With A Ribbon - Royalty Free Clipart Picture

akr9911
on 6/24/13 2:09 pm
VSG on 06/20/13

Sharing the husband woes with you first... my delightful husband went on a Groupon rampage recently, a personal habit I SO love. (Because of course we need 12 different Groupons to choose from at any given time particularly when he's working 6 days a week and I'm not eating at all, right?) Anyway, 2 days before my surgery he bought admission to "Porky's Ribfest" for this coming weekend. It included free parking and rides too. Our oldest child is 21 months old mind you. I had to say, Babe, seriously are you unclear how things are changing, because we've been talking about this for 8 months now... no way, no how am I walking around Porky's Ribfest in blistering heat with 2 babies a week after I have major abdominal surgery. Never ever going to happen. He seemed stunned. But he's since given away all his Groupons to people who have helped me so much in the last several days, so there is hope... he is learning. :)

I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow. If DH can't take you, hire a Limo and go in style. You are changing your life. Head there in style. Hugs.

Ellen

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Jennifer L.
on 6/24/13 2:14 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

That limo idea is great!!!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Linda B.
on 6/24/13 2:10 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Best wishes headed your way. Remember the newbie mantra, sip, walk, rest, repeat.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Jennifer L.
on 6/24/13 2:12 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Husbands... *sigh* 

there is a picture I have seen on facebook that compares women when they are sick to men... and its rather hilarious... your comment about your husband makes me think of that. 

I hope he feels better and gives you the support you need! 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

WannaWeighLess
on 6/24/13 2:22 pm - PA

Hi Kathy,

I'm pre-op so I know nothing but that I wish you well. Your weekend's activities were long enough where the alcohol shouldn't have an affect on the anesthesia but please be honest if asked. Being on a liquid or even pre-op diet should have allowed enough time for the alcohol to leave your system. My hubby had surgery (not WLS) a couple months ago and lied about alcohol intake and smoking and he had a small scare but being that most of us are overweight it probably won't be an issue 

As for your hubby, he's probably nervous himself and his symptoms are a result of that. Please focus on you and this exciting joruney ahead of you and try to get some rest as from what I understand, you will be very tired tomorrow. I pray that you have a safe, uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

NIta

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views