Gerd question fairly new post op
For those that developed gerd post op(my daughter is 2 weeks out) did you take your ppi's in the morning or at night? Do any of the ppi's work better than than others or is it just individual? She's on Prilosec otc.... We put head of bed up last night. No burning or reflux during day...if only she could sleep sitting up...lol Anyone on ppi and h2 blockers at the same time? Any other suggestions and hopefully some of this will pass with time..hopefully..thanks for any input.
While I had GERD pre-op, I never had nighttime issues, et****il after my surgery. And the nighttime reflux did improve over time. Here's what I can tell you:
1. Different PPIs work better for different people. If Prilosec OTC doesn't work, have her talk to her doc about another.
2. I supplemented by PPI with Pepcid Complete before bedtime. Or if I forgot and woke up with that disgusting burning, I'd run in a have one. Luckily, for me, that was a huge help.
3. I also slept propped up for awhile.
4. No food or protein drinks for about 3 hours before bedtime. Water seemed to be OK, but I even tried to taper that off an hour or so before bedtime.
5. I took one dose in the AM, and one in PM of my PPI.
6. Nothing acidy -- so no cream of tomato soup, no fresh lemon or lime in water, etc.
Those things helped me. Best wishes to your daughter!