Experience with Anthem Blue Cross approval?

Slimmerme2013
on 7/2/13 5:08 am - CA
Waiting on approval. Anyone else have this insurance. Trying to get an idea of how long it will take to hear back. Thx
Natalie K.
on 7/2/13 5:27 am
VSG on 06/24/13

I have the same insurance. It took 10 days from the day the request was submitted. Hope you get yours just as quickly!

Mom4Jazz
on 7/2/13 5:28 am

Depends on your policy. My approval from them took 48 hours after they got the paperwork questions straightened out (which took a week).

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Smcquithy
on 7/2/13 5:33 am
Mine took 48 hours from the time sent in. Good luck!

Stephanie

Carmelita
on 7/2/13 5:49 am - Four Corners, NM
Slimmerme2013
on 7/2/13 6:14 am - CA

laugh Thanks all. Is my anxiety that obvious. Lol! I am just on vacation until beginning of August and was hoping to get this show in the road. Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate it!

thinnersinner
on 7/3/13 11:47 am

Anthem BCBS here, but everyone's policy is different depending on the policy your employer chooses.  I had my surgery Dec. 31st as my husband's employer chose to make bariatric surgery a hard exclusion on our plan starting Jan 1st.  After finding that out, Anthem worked diligently with me to get me approved ASAP. 

I agree with the other posters in that you document everything they tell you...write down times, dates, and names.  Call more than once with the same question.  Case in point, I was told the first time I called that it was not covered so I called again.  The next three times I was told that it was covered.  Don't take "no" for an answer.  I had a sister in law who was very knowledgeable about insurance plans and knew how and which questions to ask.  Try to find someone to help you navigate, if you can.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views