9 Months Today and 1st Goal

bob-h
on 7/9/13 1:09 am, edited 7/9/13 11:14 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

I do not start many threads on this site but Today marks 9 months since I started on this journey. I began at 388 pounds and the doctor said I could get to 248 as a 1st goal. Today I hit 245.5 pounds so I have met my 1st goal. I am not sure where I want to end up and am just going to go to where I feel comfortable. According to some people who say you have to lose 100% EWL to be successful at this I don’t know if I could ever reach that. To be at 100% and be considered “normal” I would have to get to 179 pounds to be at the high end of the BMI Chart. I haven’t weighed 179 pounds since my mother squirted me out 60 years ago. I say congratulations to the people who can achieve that but I just don’t see it in my cards at this time. I have been one of the lucky ones as I have not had any problems with my sleeve. I have never had any foamies or even had much pain from the surgery other then the gas pains for a few days after. I never had to take anything for pain or have I ever been on a PPI. The only food that I have had that seemed to bother me a little was a hot dog, which isn’t the best choice for protein anyway. On my last labs it did show I am slightly anemic and my vitamin D-3 is really low so I am on vitamins for that. All in all I came through this in pretty good fashion and really feel for the people who struggle with all the complications you read about. That really enforces in my mind that everybody and every “body” is different and even though there are people who say their way is the only right way to do things I don’t necessarily buy into that. There are great things that are posted here and there are complete bull**** things that are posted. You have to pick and choose what works for you and run with that. Everything else you have to run away from. This is no different then pulling up next to somebody at the stoplight. Your car is different then theirs but you are both heading in the same direction. They may get there faster then you but you will arrive sooner or later. I tip my hat to the vets that stick around and offer their support to the new people who come here seeking advice. I don’t like when they get berated for asking questions that have been answered before. We have all been that person and things are not going to change. Questions will be and are needed to be asked. Yes the search button is there but when you come here you are so overwhelmed with everything you see and read you don’t even see that button. I would personally like to thank everybody who has helped me with this and to the people who have blocked me because I didn’t agree with everything you said I truly apologize. It is now onward and upward to see where I can land in this trip.

If the picture isn't here it is in my profile. Bob

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

TexasProud
on 7/9/13 1:15 am - Frisco, TX

Congratulations! You look terrific...and I'm certain you feel better, too. You're right! It's a different road for everyone...and even then, everyone has a different agenda. To some a "number" is important. To others, just "feeling right" does the trick. I wish you continued luck and best wishes on your journey! Great job!

ravenbrown
on 7/9/13 1:35 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Congrats!  You look great!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 7/9/13 1:35 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Yay you Bob!!!! My sleeve bro! Congratulations on the first goal reached. Keep going to where you feel good and comfortable and healthy. And don't forget about your wife's underwear!!! I want to see THAT picture! Hugs from the other side of the pond.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

stephanieplum
on 7/9/13 1:43 am
VSG on 06/27/12

You've done a great job!!!  And, you look good, too!!!

RPick67
on 7/9/13 1:52 am
VSG on 06/11/13

Love Your Post!!  Great Job on the weight loss!!

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/13 2:17 am

Congrats on making your first goal! You look awesome. As for that BMI thing. Yeah, well, me I never got there either, but I look pretty damn good and I'm healthy-healthier than I have been in 30 years. IT 's all good.

Keep on. I have no doubt that you'll get where you want to be!

defygravity
on 7/9/13 2:18 am - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

Great outlook on the sleeve and the journey being our own to do what we will with it!  Only a man would say "squirted out"!  Haha!

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

Melody2
on 7/9/13 2:23 am
VSG on 04/10/13

Great post!  Thank you.  You're right, the destination is the same but the path (road) is different for everyone.  You look awesome!

jenn227
on 7/9/13 2:53 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Wow, you look amazing!  Congrats on hitting that first goal and for finding your own way on your journey!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Most Active