It feels too easy... and that worries me

Jennifer L.
on 7/17/13 6:26 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I feel as though my healing is going too easy and it makes me nervous. Outside of some issues with milk, I have had NO issue with the full liquids. In addition, I was bad... my husband and kids were eating alfredo pasta and many of you know how sick I am of this full liquids phase. lol I had a bite of two noodles... bad, I KNOW, but I needed to chew and needed something that was real! I figured the noodles were soft enough to not do damage so I chewed it like 40 times and was waiting for the pain and cramps. Nope. Nothing. Not even a weird sensation that I felt when I first had pudding. It was very uneventful. 

Do I want pain? NO! However, I am only one week out. It makes me very nervous that I have no pain! 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

ravenbrown
on 7/17/13 6:38 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

You're still healing.  Nerve endings were severed.  You're probably not going to feel anything for awhile.  My recovery was a breeze.  I never had any issue getting fluids in.  You will be fine, but you gotta quit the pasta.  That stuff is horrible for you right now - pasta swells in your stomach.  Go get a sugar free popsicle if you need some crunch.  You need to take care of your new sleeve.

Jennifer L.
on 7/17/13 6:41 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I am not even a huge pasta eater... but I knew the chicken would be way to hard on my stomach... but I expected nausea or something! I have felt other things... I don't think pasta is something I "need to quit" because its not my go to food to begin with. 

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

ravenbrown
on 7/17/13 6:46 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

What I meant is that you should follow your plan.  We've all been there, I know how hard the liquids are, but your plan is your plan for a reason and I don't want you to hurt yourself.  That's what I was saying.  You can feel free to ignore me. 

Jennifer L.
on 7/17/13 6:50 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I just re-read my comment and realized it sounded snippy when I did not mean for it to! lol I completely agree with following my plan!   I know I need to and for the most part have been. Sorry that sounded like I would even want to ignore you. lol Because you are very right. 

Instagram

ravenbrown
on 7/17/13 6:55 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

No worries, just wanted you to know that the concern was me not wanting you to hurt yourself not the actual pasta.  My doc's phases were ultra conservative, 2 weeks for clears, 2 weeks for fulls, 2 weeks for mushies & 6 weeks for softs.  I could have cut someone for a salad :)  This phase is so short, even if it feels interminable.  Do what you can to get through it.  It's great that you're feeling so good

Jennifer L.
on 7/17/13 6:59 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Wow that is a very conservative post-op! I know when I look back I will think I was a huge big wimp. lol 

Instagram

ravenbrown
on 7/17/13 7:02 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

You're not a wimp.  This **** is hard.  Clear liquids for two weeks was the absolute worst for me.  If I never drink another Isopure RTD, it will be too soon.  I can't believe some of the stuff I consumed to get my protein in (unflavored protein chunks in broth).  Yuck.  It gets better in a lot of ways, and it will get harder too.  That's why we are all here supporting each other.

Jennifer L.
on 7/17/13 7:08 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thank you so much! My pre-op was all clear liquids 3 days before surgery and then clear liquids 5 days after, so a total of 8 days clear liquids. Monday was when I had the full liquids. I am supposed to be in this faze for another week or so then move to mushy/puree foods for a few weeks. Then on to soft foods. 

It is an interesting ride, that is for sure!

Instagram

sleevegirl
on 7/17/13 9:56 am - Austin, TX

Raven and I have the same surgeon, he is definitely conservative, but with good reason. The pasta is pure empty calories. You can get away with a lot now because you won't feel real pain while you're healing. Be kind to yourself, now is the time to learn good habits and reorganize your thinking about food and diet (I don't use the word diet as an action word anymore - it's now a noun to describe what I eat, rather than "going on a diet").

Hang in there... this phase is SO hard and I swear I nearly lost MY MIND. SF popsicles will save your sanity when you really need a crunch.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views