Hello!!!

uglymouse
on 7/22/13 1:10 pm - newnan, GA

Well I am new, kind of, I have been lurking.  I am in the beginning stages of getting approved for surgery.  I have already been to a seminar, and to my first visit with the surgeon.  I go to my first class on the 6th of August.  

I started going to my doctor 2 months ago to help me lose weight.  It is going slow, but I lost about 12 pounds, and that was cutting out soda.  My surgeon is hoping those two months will count towards the 6 months of physician weight loss.  It should be documented in my medical records.  I choose the sleeve, because I feel it is best for me.  My husband is going for the bypass. 

We have been told the insurance will cover it, and hope to have it before the new year, because we are not sure if it will still be covered in the New year or not.  Crossing my fingers for it to happen. I am ready for a new me, but scared at the same time. 

I don't do well with liquid stuff (I don't like shakes, or juice, or gatorade.)  I like my water.  I am nervous about liking the protein drinks.  But that is in the future.  I am trying to change our habits now, so it won't be so hard after the surgery.  

I am in Georgia.  I am pretty sure my doctor will be Dr. Charles Proctor.  I just don't like going into Atlanta.  So it is a big step for me. 

pugmadkate
on 7/22/13 1:48 pm

I'm new here as of tonight as well although I also have been lurking for awhile.  I wish us both the best of luck!

Kate

Jennifer L.
on 7/22/13 2:17 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Welcome and good luc****ep us posted!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Member Services
on 7/22/13 2:56 pm - Irvine, CA

We are glad you are here!  Keep posting and sharing your journey with us.

VSG on 06/12/13
Hey, welcome to the boards! I am in Marietta and had my surgery at Northside. Where are you? Which hospital is Dr. Proctor at?

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views