Finally got brave enough to switch from RNY to VSG!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 9:57 am
I was always nervous to get rny. The whole malabsorption and rerouting made me so nervous. But I decided on the RNY when my surgeon told me they no longer did the band. I didn't know much about the sleeve then. But once I got all my testing done and had the surgery date set. I really started leaning more to the sleeve. But I hated to have my drs office switch everything and actually thought they would be pissed at me. But said oh well and they scheduled me for one final upper GI test and pending results will switch everything to the sleeve. Woot woot !!! I feel so much better now. And can't wait until Aug 21! Anyone getting sleeved along with me that day??
VSG on 06/12/13
Are you feeling less nervous now? If so, welcome to the community!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 10:43 am
Yes! I feel so much better. I'm sure ill get a little more nervous once the date gets closer. I've never had surgery before. I wouldn't even let them remove my tonsils because I didn't want to be put to sleep lol. But I'm looking forward to facing my fears and going into my 30s as a new person. Maybe even hook myself a husband haha.
Yocie
on 7/22/13 11:25 am
VSG on 11/06/12

Congrat's on your decision. You will no doubt go through the nerves as your surgery date nears.....we all did. I hope for all the best for you, and you will be on the losers bench before long.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 11:54 am
Thank you!
princesswimmer24
on 7/22/13 11:51 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

so glad that you spoke to your surgeon about it! My surgery is in 2 wks and I'm nervous about it, but I know that I chose the right procedure for me. Good Luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress!

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 11:55 am
I'm sure you'll do amazing. Have you started you liquid diet?
princesswimmer24
on 7/22/13 12:37 pm - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Yes, today was day 1. I had a stomach virus though, so I kind of started it yesterday. It's not so bad, but I have a horrible headache!

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 1:40 pm
Awww sorry to hear that. Hopefully it flies by. Where in VA are you?
princesswimmer24
on 7/23/13 5:53 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I live in Roanoke :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views