Post-op ??s for the surgeon

f4eva
on 8/12/13 10:14 pm

I'll be having my first post-op appointment with the surgeon later this week and was wondering what questions you asked?  Were there questions you wished you asked at your first appointment that you asked later?

Tracy D.
on 8/12/13 11:34 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I didn't know enough beforehand to ask certain questions but I certainly asked them at post-op!

I asked about bougie size and his surgical technique, I asked to see the x-ray of my sleeve and had him describe exactly what I was looking at, I asked about amount of carbs (not something that was addressed at all in the food handouts), I asked about GERD and stomach acid (something I was dealing with at the time and didn't know about beforehand), and I asked about what I could take for constipation if that became a problem. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mickeymantle
on 8/13/13 12:57 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I also ask about the size and he showed me the x ray for the leak teat and also said it was a real nice sleeve

well it hasn't given me any problems yet even when I gave it 4 oz of meat ball last night

our nut went over all the meds we can take during the pre op class plus it was in out book

I also asked when I could go back in the pool and he said he could not say exactly but I needed to wait till the incisions where healed

glad your surgery went well

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

f4eva
on 8/13/13 3:12 am

Thanks to both of you.  I will certainly add some of these to my list.  :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views