What's your choice of Protein drink?

LLovesMac
on 8/17/13 2:04 pm
VSG on 08/06/13 with

So what is it?  I use unjury and mix 4 oz of 100 % apple juice, vanilla flavor  and  water.  I  do one of those a day, the rest are with water and torani sf peach.  What do you use and what is your mixer?

thinnersinner
on 8/17/13 2:25 pm

I like to use my Magic Bullet blender and mix: 1 scoop vanilla cream or strawberry pure protein, 1/2 small banana, 5 almonds, 1 cup almond or coconut milk, and 6 ice cubes.  I had a hard time finding a protein powder I liked and I definitely couldn't stomach it with jus****er, so I added what I thought was tasty enough and fit into my plan.

LLovesMac
on 8/17/13 2:32 pm
VSG on 08/06/13 with

That sounds good.  I am going to add a banana that will surely give it a kick.  As far as the coconut milk, do you use unsweetened?

L

thinnersinner
on 8/17/13 3:23 pm
Yes, unsweetened vanilla.

emelar
on 8/17/13 2:29 pm - TX

I don't drink protein drinks often any more, but, when I do, I still go to Premier protein RTDs and Optimum Nutrition whey isolate powders.  With the powder, I mix with milk and a teaspoon of vanilla - no ice added.

LLovesMac
on 8/17/13 2:34 pm
VSG on 08/06/13 with

Do you use a blender bottle or blender? Will check those out.

L

emelar
on 8/17/13 2:42 pm - TX

I use a blender stick.  Fast and easy to clean.

katym
on 8/17/13 3:08 pm - PA

Hi LLovesMac,

There is no one protein that tastes good to everyone. Early on I was extremely sensitive to artificial sweeteners. For me, making protein drink less sweet rather than more was the key.  I use Unjury Vanilla in coffee almost every day now, but in the first month or 2 I did much better with Unjury Chicken Soup flavor in warm water, unflavored protein in diluted diet juice drinks, or fruit flavors of Nectar protein made with extra water and lemon juice added to cut thru the taste of artificial sweeteners. Be willing to experiment to find what works for you. 

Good luck.

Katy

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

LLovesMac
on 8/17/13 3:21 pm
VSG on 08/06/13 with

Hi Kathy thank you, good suggestions I love adding lemon to my water I will start adding it to my shakes. 

L

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 8/17/13 3:49 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

coolI have tried a few over the last year and have settled on the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey or the HydroWhey products in all their flavours. Am drinking a mocha cappuccino one right now with my coffee. I like the vanilla/chocolate/coffee flavours because I mix it with a nice brewed cup of coffee and some milk and it makes about 20 oz of liquid also towards my liquid goal daily and about 25-30 gr protein from the get go in the morning. The coffee cuts the sweetness of the protein powder and works really well for me. I tried all the fruit syntrax nectars and other brands and devil. The coffee option is all I can reasonably tolerate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views