Bougie Size...

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/6/13 9:24 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

The muse was good! And this topic raises passions...as does the "other" size topic too!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

bob-h
on 9/6/13 9:51 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
On September 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM Pacific Time, Wantmylife wrote:

I am sure it does matter. Just like penis size matters. I mean there really IS a difference, otherwise they (bougies...and maybe penises) would all be the same. Wouldn't you think so? The big question is how does it matter and here the answer is the same for both ...tools...it's what you do with them that makes a difference. It may be easier with a larger penis or a smaller bougie but you can be equally skinny happy and ....satisfied....with a larger bougie or a smaller penis. Sorry for the absurdity of this comparison and I am certainly not making light of it but there are advantages and maybe disadvantages to both. And it just boggles the mind ...at least my mind...that either one would be a deal breaker in the choice of surgeons or partners (in the case of a penis).

Only you my dear friend could find a way to compare those two things together. It is no wonder you have the job you do. You are just so damn diplomatic.    And by the way, we men don't like to hear that size matters.  Well maybe I should say us men that got the short end of the stick don't like it. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/6/13 9:57 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Short end of the stick!!! LOL Bob! That was good!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mickeymantle
on 9/7/13 2:25 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

can't a guy have a large penis and a small bougie lol

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

califsleevin
on 9/7/13 3:21 am - CA

Some might even claim that they go together - there is a long running thread on another forum discussing the impact of WLS on the size of our gentlemen's attributes. It's much the same thing, though more visible on us guys, as what happens with the ladies where reduction in the pubic fat pad means more room to play deeper down. X2 if both go through with the big loss!

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Nmmsg
on 9/6/13 9:25 pm
VSG on 07/09/13
Well, all these posts certainly woke me up this morning- early for penises and ve-jay- jays! I have no idea what my bougie is but I do have great restriction at 8 weeks out. I can only eat eat 1- 2 oz of dense protein - easier with fish than meat. I feel really really well and just keep moving forward.

Before this surgery, I prayed that something would stop my crazy eating patterns- the sleeve has done that. I will do everything I can to keep it functioning the way it was meant to be. I am only human and hope I can do this properly the rest of my life. The rewards of feeling so much better are amazing. Happy Saturday!!

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/6/13 10:01 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

​Noooooooo !!! It is much much better in the mornings on all counts! Even the sleeve is tightest in the mornings. Well, that is when my restriction is best. OK gotta stop this... I am becoming like my 15 year old.... 

califsleevin
on 9/7/13 2:16 am - CA

I think that you have hit on a very apt comparison, Julia, as both our sleeves and our recreational/reproductive equipment have a range of biologically (and psychologically) effective sizes. Further, as our biological world usually shows us, things at the extreme ends of a range are rarely optimum - if bougie sizes are typically running between 32 and 40, that would argue for something around a 36 as being optimum (maybe somewhat smaller if the bell curve is shifted some to the low side): claims that a 32 or a 40 is "best" would be akin to claiming that a 3 inch penis (or maybe a 9,) is optimum while mother nature seems to have settled around 6 (though individual preferences or needs may indicate a bias toward one extreme or the other in either case.....) And, as you have noted, many of these discussions degenerate to the level of a 15 year old's, centering around superficial numbers or appearances rather than the more significant factors that really make a difference in life.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

sonia29
on 9/7/13 1:10 am
Lol

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

mickeymantle
on 9/7/13 2:33 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

9" or larger might be better for sex but get in the way running through the woods hunting

from what it reading on this sight most of the people that have problems eating and drinking at first have very small sleeves ,the 50 plus sizes worked when they started as an off shoot of the ds but work better when made smaller

the 34f-36f seem to be a happy medium 

its like boob size they all work , but it is a matter of taste , big boobs get in the way and are heavy to carry around and very small ones don't look as nice

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics