3 Weeks Post-Op - Update

DanaStClair
on 9/4/13 2:57 am - Canada
VSG on 08/15/13

Hello OH Friends,

I am sorry it has been a little while since my last video, but as most of you know, the first two weeks post-op adjustment is like a full time job. I just finished a 2.2 mile / 3.5 km power walk when I made this video, so please ignore the redness/sweat haha Video contains a full update including live shots of my incision sites.

You can view the video here: http://youtu.be/GcKnfKEcPGE

Hope you are all having a wonderful day, keep on killing it!

Positivity, Positivity, Positivity + Protein, lots of protein ;)

jenlaur1
on 9/4/13 3:56 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

I have to applaud you that's amazing to me.  this surgery has really kicked my butt.  I'm finding it hard to walk 1/8th of a mile, never mind 2.2!!  Good for you!!  I hope you'll update here often..I think I could use your enthusiasm to help me progress.  I'm 4 days behind you btw...I think I might be low iron though...it makes going up the stairs and walking tough..I feel a little out of breath and tire easily.  I'm also a bit older than you..not sure if that plays into it.  Just keep up the good work!! You're doing great!!

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

DanaStClair
on 9/5/13 12:34 am - Canada
VSG on 08/15/13

Thank you so much for the reply! I think everyone is different, and I am sure that age plays a role. You are doing great, keep up that great attitude.. this whole thing is really 80% mental!

I can see how stairs would be tough for sure, a lot of pressure on a healing abdominal area. As for the walking, just try to go a little bit further every day. Even if it is just 5 mins more every day. It will make a big difference!

All the best,

Dana

Positivity, Positivity, Positivity + Protein, lots of protein ;)

jenlaur1
on 9/5/13 12:43 pm - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

Thank you Dana.  I will be trying more walking. The cooler weather will make it easier.  My best to you, too!

Cathy

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views