Stomach Rumbles

rostoswr
on 9/15/13 4:54 pm
Not sure if this is the correct description or not...I was sleeved on September 9th. I am on the full liquid diet and I notice when I sip water, yogurt, pudding, or soups, my stomach makes this really loud rumble while whatever is going down. Is this normal and does this go away? Sometimes my stomach starts painfully hurting after the rumble sound.

Also, since I am on full liquid sometimes I feel full and shortly later my head starts hurting indicating hunger. Anyone experience this and how did you overcome?
GreenisLove
on 9/15/13 5:33 pm - CA
VSG on 05/29/13

How fast are you drinking? I'm a bit over 3 months out, and when I drink too soon after eating, my tummy makes some funny sounds. Even if I'm drinking a lot at a time with no food I still make some interesting noises. As far as I know, its something we now have. Closer to the beginning of my surgery I didnt have too many sounds, I definitely do now. But if you are getting pains after the sound, it may be your body telling you to slow down, or that it doesnt like whatever you just put in it. Hope that helps!

rostoswr
on 9/15/13 5:39 pm

I am not drinking fast at all.  I take sips and wait before I take more sips.  Sometimes it can get a little painful as if my stomach is knotting up.

GreenisLove
on 9/15/13 5:43 pm - CA
VSG on 05/29/13

Do you find that it is with the same type of liquid? Have you tried different temperatures? Sometimes those things affected me greatly. The only other thing I can think of is somehow you are getting air in there as well, which shouldnt happen if you arent using a straw. If it persists, i would contact your doctor.

rostoswr
on 9/15/13 5:49 pm

At first, I thought it could have been more temperature driven, but after testing for a few days it's not.  Happens with cold and room temperature water. Its happens with no matter what I intake and definitely not using a straw or blender.  

VSG on 06/12/13
About 5 days out I had a lot of noise. Check with your doc re: pain.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Kbutler79
on 9/15/13 8:23 pm
Mine lasted 3 weeks... But it gets better as time goes on!
Stephanie R.
on 9/15/13 8:58 pm - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
I'm 5 days post-op and no matter what I drink (I'm on clear liquids and milk) my tummy grumbles. It's very strange. I drink slow, but I can almost feel/track where my drink is in the digestive process
Deckeriv
on 9/15/13 9:08 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Your stomach is really pissed off right now and the nerves have no idea what's going on. It could be acid so be sure to get on a PPI. Generic Prilosec capsules are great.

It gets better as the swelling goes down which takes a month or two before you start to feel normal. Remember it has nothing to do with hunger right now, those nerves were cut. If you think in terms of hunger, it's all in your head. Good luck. Everything will be alright.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views