Had a HUGE NSV today!

ArmyWife29
on 9/12/13 10:06 am - GA

Man, September has just been a good month for me overall :). As many of you know I've taken up distance running...and I love it!  I love to sweat, I love the way my muscles feel after a long run, I love that my husband is always right next to me from The start to mile 8...and beyond starting Saturday, I love the feeling as my heart rate comes down afterward and my breathing regulates, I love what this sport has down for my LEGS and ABS!  But more than anything, I love to push myself, mentally training myself to run faster, farther, and harder.  So yesterday husband and I did speed intervals at the track.  Our workout plan consisted of 6 x 1/4 mile sprints.  I was SHOCKED when I finished each of them in 1:37...only 10 seconds behind my active duty Army Major husband!  So afterwards we did a "slow" jog....1 mile in 8:08...he yelled at me for pushing the pace :). But he said that I should really do a timed 2 mile run today to gauge where I'm at...and for those of you in the Army, you may know that the Army Physical Fitness Test includes a 2 mile run.

For my age group, to get the maximum points for the run event, you have to do 2 miles in 15:38.  Well today, I ran my 2 miles in 15:28!!!!  I could NOT believe it!  I knew that I had gotten pretty in shape (I've been training steady sincenApril) but I really had no idea that I had gotten so fast.  My husband ran a 14:47 on his last PT test!  He was so happy for me and told me how proud he was!  Best feeling EVER!  Now I just have to beat him.....haha!  Seriously LOVE this sleeved life!

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

Ihearttennis
on 9/12/13 10:36 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

How awesome. You should be so proud. I remember the picture you posted a while back in your running clothes with your cute Lululemon top, you look fantastic. I wish I loved to run, I'd be happy with just not hating to run.  I play tennis a lot and enjoy running then, but I  have a hard time running nonstop.  You are rocking your sleeve, girl!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Member Services
on 9/12/13 1:44 pm - Irvine, CA

What an inspiration to "hear" the pride and pure joy in your post.  Congratulations on your success and finding your passion for running.

Best wishes and keep posting so we can continue to be motivated by you!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views