Weird thoughts Rollin' in my cranium....

grayC
on 9/23/13 7:49 am
VSG on 05/01/13
Over the past couple weeks everyone...I mean EVERYONE who sees me tells me how great I look and then without fail they all say "your done now?"
When I reply " No, I have about 20 more to go?"
They look at me like I'm nuts and then say kinda firm ( which is odd to me)
"No! I think your DONE!"
It's happened with a couple of good, dear friends and I take that as their way of reinforcing to me that I look good,almost like a pat on the back, job we'll done type thing...But this weekend 2 people who I know, not well or anything said the same thing to me, and it kinda pissed me off a little, like, I'm not ALLOWED to look good??? I'm in a box w/you, " your heavy-funny -pretty face Grace" title will have to be renamed..then it gets me thinking that I'm overshooting with my goal weight..maybe 130 is too thin for me? But I'd like to get there ( or close) and find out...am I being vain? Is it really vain to want to look good after all these years of self hate, self doubt..wanting to disappear..hide...loathing the way I look...act...feel..
I'm HAPPY I haven't been happy in DECADES! I want to stay focused and happy...
Not give into other peoples judgement of me...only MY opinion matters,not others...
IDK like I said weird stuff Rollin' round my brain...this is all so new to me, having attention on me, any attention...I really think I'm unprepared for that, since no one ever gave a flying F@(K before...
Sorry if this post seems scattered that how it's bouncing in my head LOL!!

Stephanie R.
on 9/23/13 7:55 am - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
When people make those comments, that's THEIR stuff....their issues, insecurities, and whatever else. Don't take that in!

You get to where you want. It's not like you can't put some weight back on if 130 is too thin. But I would pay less attention to the number and more to how you feel. If you feel great at 130, awesome. If it's 135, then great.

Congratulations!!

My WLS and Plastic Surgery Journey Page: Stephanie's Journey 

Sleeve: 9/11/13  LBL, TL, BL/BA: 12/16/14

tcefalu
on 9/23/13 8:35 am

I couldn't agree more Stephanie.....when the focus is health the 'looking good' part just happens,,

grayC
on 9/23/13 9:25 am
VSG on 05/01/13
It may be their stuff...I TOTALLY get what your sayin'
but their putting it in MY head! LOL!!!

A. Kondrlik
on 9/23/13 8:51 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I know what you mean, a casuall acquaintance told me last week "Now you are NOT going to lose any more wieight"  And this is your business, why? 

anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

grayC
on 9/23/13 9:29 am
VSG on 05/01/13
I feel like I have to justify myself to what amounts to total strangers!
It be one thing if my hubby or immediate family was saying it..
But this just boggles the mind...because your right it isn't their business but they want to tell us their opinions anyway!

claimmaster
on 9/23/13 9:07 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I think that our general population is so overweight, that being at least somewhat overweight seems "normal" to most people.  I find that when people are REALLY at an ideal weight, they look too thin to us.  I think weight is SO individual.  I'm 5'7", and I know I look pretty decent at 190.  I'm shooting for 145.  I KNOW people will think that's way too thin for me.  Will I actually get there?  Dunno.  I know how I want my body to feel, and I've never been at a "normal" weight as an adult other than a little while when I was in the Air Force.  So I'll see when I get there.

Learn to just give them a smile and a chuckle and say "We'll see!"  I look forward to being in your position!  LOL!!!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

grayC
on 9/23/13 9:24 am
VSG on 05/01/13
You have an excellent point there w/our population...
I saw a mom this weekend when I mentioned I'm at a normal BMI she said you know the BMI scales say I'm 20 lbs overweight..I almost choked! She's gorgeous!!
So I guess my perception is skewed too!,
I don't know If I'm being over sensitive or not...

Nmmsg
on 9/23/13 9:37 am
VSG on 07/09/13
I think people are used to us being heavy. The same thoughts roll around in my mind. Can I be that thin woman again? Am I too old to want that? All I know is that I feel incredibly better- the improved looks- Bonus! I am happy and want to enjoy it. I am not sure where this journey will take me but I am ready for the ride. We will go together.

Nancy
I

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

debk21
on 9/23/13 11:18 am - Mansfield, TX

Yep, it's their stuff.  Yep, it's partly our overweight culture.  I understand your thoughts and got those same questions.  While I was still losing, people would ask me when I'm going to stop.  I would tell them "when my head falls through my asshole" and they generally gave up trying to give me goal weight advice at that point.  You don't have to be as rude as I became (after the 100th time of being tactful)  It truly is none of their business "when" you are done.  As Walter White would say "We're done, when I say we're done".  Don't let others perceptions of how you SHOULD look to them, determine where YOU want to be.  You can do anything you want to do!

Good luck!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 376 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views