Advice on LONG stall

Mochalocks12
on 9/21/13 11:06 am - Canada

I am 6 weeks post op, and did great with my weight loss during optifast and the first 2 weeks post op, but the last 4 weeks I have only lost a pound or two...I waited the two week norm for the average stall, I am trying to stay positive but I am really starting to get frustrated! I exercise everyday, and am starting to question my decision to go with the sleeve over the RYN. I have a lot of weight to loose, and am following a great diet, I don't know what to do? What can I do to break this stall? Is it really normal this early out to be stalled for this long? I called my centre and they said based on my BMI I should be loosing about 4 pounds a week at this stage. I am so confused, I don't know what to do. It's hard to stay motivated when I am achieving no results! 

Referral July 30, 2013..VSG BY Dr. Lloyd Smith Aug 12, 2013.  Pre OPTI weight: 350. Sw331 CW190

sonia29
on 9/21/13 11:11 am

Can you post your diet?

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

Antimony40
on 9/21/13 11:12 am - VA
VSG on 12/06/12 with

most folks are going to want to know what you are eating and how much you are drinking before exploring what you can change...just putting it out there.

HW 286.7--SW 264.4--CW 184.2  M1-24.8//M2-14.8//M3-7.6//M4-10.0//M5-3.8//M6-8.4//M7-6.4//M8- 4.8//M9 +1

Mochalocks12
on 9/21/13 11:15 am - Canada

I eat 3 meals and sometimes 1 snack, protein usually 60-80g's. Minimal carbs....I track everything on my fitness pal and my calories usually range 600-800. Is that what your asking?

Referral July 30, 2013..VSG BY Dr. Lloyd Smith Aug 12, 2013.  Pre OPTI weight: 350. Sw331 CW190

Smcquithy
on 9/21/13 11:25 am

I recently went through this too. I am 9 weeks out. I was stalled for almost 2 weeks. I spoke to my  doctors office too, they said stick to the plan and remember muscle weighs more than fat. My stall broke this week. I dropped 4+ pounds this week. Stick with it. It will work. 

Stephanie

kbdee24
on 9/21/13 12:20 pm - MO
VSG on 08/06/13

I stalled like that. I was getting depressed. I put the scale away. I think this helped me focus on food. I planned my meals the day before so I could make sure I was getting protein. Water is a challenge but I've realized there are some days where I'm going to ave to add flavor to get it down. I'm still struggling but I can get the minimum in, although I'd like 80oz or more. I' also had to adjust my walking by extending the time or intensity.  It's been a challenge but my body wants to hold on to everything, always has. Anyway it must have worked because I've lost 6lbs in the last 9 days. My stall was terrible so I feel for you. I wasn't brave enough to post because others questioned their 5-6day stall. Hang in there! 

mmmesser
on 9/21/13 12:58 pm

You will lose the weight.  Your body will decide when and how.  Your part in the commitment is to stay within your program and yes, to monitor and evaluate to adjust as necessary.  So that's what you are doing...you are monitoring to tell us your weight loss within the 4 weeks and evaluating your diet, fluids, and exercise.  The question is...is 4 weeks with a couple lbs. of weight loss enough time to determine a change for you?  I would say...come up with a timeline that if you definitely don't lose another lb. or two within a couple of weeks and following your program then you might change up something (it could be as simple as switching out your typical breakfast item with something else such as a protein drink or steel cut oatmeal?).  So...these are just suggestions that may be a benefit to you?  I haven't had a stall yet but there HAS to be one sometime...so...let us know what you decide and what happens in a few weeks.

Lori M.
on 9/21/13 1:26 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
VSG on 05/16/13

The dreaded 3 week stall for me not only happened at 3 weeks but lasted 3 weeks. I lost and gained the same flipping couple of pounds over and over and doubted my decision too. But the reality is this...you are eating your proteins? yes. Drinking your water? yes. Staying within your Dr prescribed calorie limit? yes. Exercising? yes. Then yes you will lose. 

It is frustrating and you do second guess yourself. But I promise it does work and it does get better. Your body needs to adjust and it needs a bit of a breather every now and then to catch up. AND I also promise that while this is the most emotionally and mentally draining stall you will experience it certainly won't be your last. Just keep on, keeping on! Good luck to you!

HW 303  SW 261  CW 176

cookiebun
on 9/21/13 2:07 pm - MA
VSG on 04/02/13

It is extremely discouraging and depressing, but your body will adjust and start losing again.  I hit the stall around the same time and mine lasted 6 WEEKS!!! ugh.  I hated it, but once I started losing again, I felt better.  During my stall, I did notice my clothes getting a little bigger, so I knew something was happening, but I wanted to see it on the scale.  I have had other stalls since last 2 weeks or so, now I just try to ride it out and know I am doing what I am supposed to do, eating better than I ever have and stay the course.

It will work, I believe the sleeve is a better option than the RNY (I was scheduled for RNY and sleeve was done) since we don't permanently reconfigure our systems. 

You are doing great, just be patient and try not to worry or stress.  That wont help the scale! lol We are here for you if you need us!!!

I'm not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday!

HW: 365 SW: 320

Jalapeno99
on 9/21/13 11:16 pm - IL
I am going through the same thing right now on my 4th week post-op. My stall started at the beginning of week 2. It's tough to deal with, and I too have questioned my decision. The thought of NOT loosing weight when eating 600-800 calories (and precisely following all doctors orders) make me wonder if my metabolism has severely slowed througout this whole thing. However, I'm reassured by the posts that this is totally normal and the people that have gone through these stalls have successfully lost weight long term. All we can do is to keep on keeping on....and have faith that we are just like all of the others, and we will shed the weight when our bodies have adjusted. Best wishes!!!
Most Active