My experiences...just incase you are interested.

Gigicolorado
on 9/26/13 1:36 pm
I had the VSG Dec of 2012. I was a lightweight with a BMI of 37 with high blood pressure among other things.
It was a rough first couple of months. I felt constantly hungry, and wanted to snack all the time. I thought about food all the time. Then I broke my foot and my confidence in myself and the weight loss was at a low.
Now I can say that the hunger issues are totally gone. I was worried for a long time. I have read a lot of people on here say that nerves are cut and the brain and stomach have to adjust. I believe this is true.
I am down 60 pounds and close to being a healthy weight. The weight is coming off really slowly now, like 2 pounds a months. But I don't care because it's moving in the right direction.
I can say now for once in my life that I don't really care about food that much anymore. I lived for it previously. People will ask me to go out to eat, and I usually respond that I can take it or leave it. My new stomach really gets the idea and is treating me just fine!
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/13 3:11 pm

thank you for sharing this. It's good for us who are about to start this journey to see posts like these

pineview01
on 9/26/13 3:40 pm - Davison, MI

Good post!  Thank You.

I was a band to sleeve revision.  So I too was a light weight and they say revision lose slower.  I was slow but have done as well as some virgins that had surgery in Jan with me.  Looks like I am following in your foot steps.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/13 11:04 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Gigi, I'm so glad you are feeling better and enjoying the benefits of litttle to no hunger.Congratulations on the weight loss!  I was a low BMI too and got some comments on the day of surgery from some of the other ladies but they forget that having a severely/morbidly obese BMI comes with health problems. I was 38 BMI, had type 2 diabetes, one of the worst comorbids you can have.It can happen to anyone but it most certainly can happen to anyone significantly overweight or obese.  I still consider myself to be a diabetic in remission. I think it's always waiting for me to get obese again, slack off, and come back. I am so happy I can keep my blood sugars steady now with the help of the sleeve. Having much less hunger is a true helper.

Most Active