Looking for support and vsg friends

Shagdoll
on 10/9/13 1:30 am

It's not too late to get back on the saddle but the sooner the better as is does get a lot harder the further out we get.  I realize that I need to do 3 important things and that is to log food, weigh myself regularly, & don't let the scale go up more than 5 pounds from your lowest.  It's hard for some of us to get our head back in the game but it's doable.  Welcome back!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Marena G.
on 10/9/13 2:17 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

Thank you Jenn you have always been such a great support to everyone here. 

Cindy B.
on 10/9/13 1:33 am
VSG on 10/22/12

Welcome back! I'm in maintenance and have lost 125 pounds. That's not what I'm writing for though. My maintenance calories run right around 1200 a day so if that's what you've been eating that might be part of the reason you've stopped losing. When I was still trying to lose weight I found that getting my protein and liquids in were the keys to continued weight loss. For me, there really wasn't and still isn't room for "junk" when I'm eating my protein first. If I don't think I should be hungry, but think I am, I drink some flavored water (Crystal Light) or a cup of tea. Sometimes thirst mimics hunger for me.  I haven't gone to any support group meetings and find all I've needed on this site (with a few things I don't need!). I'm not the sort of person that needs group support though. Logging my food has helped also to keep me accountable for what I'm eating. You can do this! :)

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

Marena G.
on 10/9/13 2:13 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

Wow Cindy you have cleared some things up about the 1200 calories.  I keep thinking back when I did my 2 week liquid diet prior to the surgery.  I had never done that in my life.  I would drink crystal light every time I was hungry.  It was super hard but I did it.  Thank You!!!!

Cindy B.
on 10/9/13 10:25 am
VSG on 10/22/12

You're welcome! I hope you're able to jump start your weight loss again. I'm sure it's not going to be easy, but you can do it! :)

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

akr9911
on 10/9/13 1:57 am
VSG on 06/20/13

Hey. I'm only 3 months out and I struggled. I haven't lost the weight that I wanted yet, but my 3 month appointment got me back on track. I'm focusing right now on 3 things - water, dense protein (not shakes, not yogurt, etc) that I have to chew chew chew, and minimum 15 minutes of exercise a day. I'm a week out of that appointment and I've lost 4 pounds. I'm not saying this is a magic bullet but being very very conscious of what I'm doing and setting realistic goals for what I can do is really  helping me. (As an example: I work full time and I have 2 kids under 2 and we just moved and my husband has some health problems and and and.... totally impossible to get a real workout in at the gym. So I committed to 15 minutes on the treadmill in the basement if I can't do anything else in a day. So far, I've missed a couple of days but on the whole I can find 15 minutes. In fact I've never found fewer than 25 to get exercise in when I require it of myself.)

So do yourself a favor - don't take on the world. Take on small changes and build from them. You can do this. And you've started by reaching out for support. You've got it. We'll help.

Ellen

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Marena G.
on 10/9/13 2:03 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

Thanks Ellen for the great advise!!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views