too much attenion!

Tracy D.
on 10/9/13 3:49 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Please figure out a way to handle the attention.  Many obese people have used their fat as a shield for years to keep people away and to stay in their "shell".   If you don't develop some coping skills NOW for dealing with this attention you are in danger of reverting back to your old coping style...and you don't want that, right?  

It's worth a session or two of therapy to work on some strategies for dealing with this.  Because the attention won't go away for awhile.  Then you'll have to figure out how to deal when it DOES go away.  

Best of luck! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

VeraG
on 10/9/13 4:51 am - Bonner Springs, KS
Congrats! You will simply learn to take compliments and simply say thank you. I know, easier said than done.

Living until I die!

A. Kondrlik
on 10/9/13 10:05 am
VSG on 01/24/13

Nowadays I just give them a big smile and say "Thank you very much"

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

LookingForward
on 10/26/13 12:22 pm

Congrats on your weight loss, but I do know what you mean about too much attention.  I am still deciding on the sleeve, but have lost up to 55 lbs on past diets and the reactions were a little overwhelming.  I hated it!  I agree that if you don't figure out why that is, you are bound to go back to old habits to cope.  I did.  Please see someone about your feelings to work through them.  Best of luck! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views