Encouragement Help Please

denisedufrene
on 10/12/13 2:09 am, edited 10/12/13 2:13 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

I have been on a stall for going a month is that possible....I eating 800 cal. execising 5 x times a week for 45 min...I drinking plenty of water.....protein at 80/100 a day....tracking my food...I getting a little discouraged I think I lost 1 pound in a month....does it get twice as hard at 6 months....Is a 1 month stall normal...and of course this happens when I am a point a reaching onederland...any encouraging words and suggestions to kick start my weight loss....I am starting to be hungry more often...When I did my 5 month post op the dr told me only 1 shake a day...but I think I need the afternoon shake to curb the evening hunger....thanks for any advice...

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

linzeelee
on 10/12/13 2:32 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

I don't know that I have any advice for you. It sounds like you are doing a great job of following your plan and hanging in there despite the frustration, and I commend you for that!

I've certainly read of others having month long stalls. People seem to recommend shaking up your routine during stalls - maybe try a new exercise, a new food, something? People also recommend measuring yourself during stalls because you are probably losing inches.

Do you take anything for stomach acid? I ask because you mention hunger. I never lost my hunger, and sometimes it can be quite annoying. My doctor is convinced the hunger is being caused by stomach acid. I take Prevacid twice a day and a tablet or two of Gaviscon in the afternoon. I know it's normal for hunger to return, but maybe an acid reduce could help with that? Obviously not a doctor here and it's best to ask yours - I'm just also experiencing a lot of hunger.

I hope someone else chimes in here with some good advice. Hang in there and I hope your stall breaks soon!

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/13 2:52 am

It sounds like you are doing great on your eating and exercise and I can really understand why you are frustrated.  If you would like more input from me, you might consider including a typical food journal day in your post.  I would be especially interested in the carb and fat numbers for the day for you.  As far as the increased hunger, there are a few things you can do.  You can increase the amount of fiber rich veggies that you eat.  You can also increase your water consumption.  I wish I had more, but for now, that's all I've got. Good luck to you.

MuttLover
on 10/12/13 1:09 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

I just survived a long stall -- about 6 weeks, and the pounds are slowly starting to drip (no longer dropping, just dripping!) off.  When I hit the lowest I'd ever been as an adult (180) -- my body wanted to hang out there for a while!  I was not surprised, based on what I'd read, etc.  So I looked at it as "maintenance practice". I bounced between 178 and 182 literally for 6 weeks.  Then settled at 177 for a few days, then slowly started heading down.  Since I'm a stairstep loser, I am focusing on increasing both my exercise and the intensity.  

As you lose weight, you don't need as many calories to maintain -- so use this time to figure out what combination of food and exercise will keep you satisfied, fuel your exercise and still enable you to lose.  

If you are following your plan and keeping active, you will start losing again -- but the losses are typically slower.

Keep up the good work!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views