Not interested....

grayC
on 10/16/13 11:59 am
VSG on 05/01/13
Is it sad or say something about me that I used to get SOOO emotionally invested in the show The Biggest Loser that it was like it was happening to me..
And although I DVRed the season, I'm sitting here typing this as it's playing and I have no interest in it whatsoever...maybe I can no longer relate to the contestants...maybe it's because I soo wanted what they accomplished in the end ....and I'm there, I've lost the weight..I'm happy..I'm working my butt off w/o feeling out of place or uncomfortable..IDK...just a random thought fluttering thru my head..

Nmmsg
on 10/16/13 2:02 pm
VSG on 07/09/13
I was just thinking about it the other day. The fact is most of my weight loss is purely due to less food. I try to walk but have times I do not get that in. I see them killing themselves with all the workouts when they are extremely heavy. I think exercise has a place right next to eating but their workouts often seem extreme to me.

I am glad I am here and not where I was- wishing and hopin'.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Shagdoll
on 10/16/13 2:25 pm
I can relate to that too. It's because the people are trying to get to where we are or are close to. That's what I think. I used to love watching weight loss shows & I'm not interested now either. I can still get motivated by my friends here IRL though who are on their WL journey though. I guess I just wanna watch cute shows now like "New Girl" now.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Scotty D.
on 10/17/13 2:30 am - Roanoke, AL
VSG on 08/30/12

What I have found is that it is very motivational for me. I look at the contestants and say that can be me once again if I don't continue to make the right choices. So on days that I am not "feeling it" I will watch an episode of The biggest loser or worlds fattest man just to keep me in check.

grayC
on 10/17/13 3:56 am
VSG on 05/01/13
Ooh! Good point...
Have to use it as a tool to keep on target...
Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views