Best thing I ever did for myself!

buzybee7
on 11/11/13 3:57 am - Oak Park Heights, MN
VSG on 03/14/13

As I sit here and think back on the past year I cannot believe I am where I am today!  A year ago I had hoped I would be here but never dreamed in my wildest dreams its would be a reality.  I started last August by meeting with the bariatric nurses and decided that surgery was the way to go.  I made my mind up then that I was going to do what ever I had to do to make this body altering surgery worth it.  I had trouble in the begging reaching my pre-surgery goal weight...thought I might not get it done in time.  But then out of somewhere deep inside I pulled it together and lost the 17 required pounds plus some.  My all time heaviest weight was 330 pounds.  When I started this journey I was at 305 pounds.  The day of surgery I was 267 pounds.  I am now at 156 pounds....below my original goal of 170.  I honestly didn't think I would get there.  Even as a teenager the smallest I got was to 180 pounds.  I cannot even express all the different ways my life has changed since starting this journey.  So many good things have happened to me.  I am finally living life to its fullest.  My only regrets are not doing it sooner.  The hardest thing is not having enough time in the day to do everything I want to do....I want to do so much!!!  Thank you to everyone here....I've lurked and posted and learned so much from all of you.  I will definitely stay here to help with the new challenges of maintenance....once I get there.  Best of luck to all the newbies just starting their journeys.  

I can't figure out how to post pics here but I did put some updated pics on my profile if you'd like to check them out!

~*~Shaunee~*~ 

Height: 5' 7"  Heaviest Weight: 330  Starting Weight: 306  Surgery Weight:  267  Goal Weight:  135

KrisJ77
on 11/11/13 4:41 am - TX

You look great! So cool that you got to meet Bob Harper!!! Hey - what are you doing for exercise? I gained some weight back eating too many carbs (I had surgery 3 years ago!!) - I need some tips!!  My diet is back on track!! - Kris

StacyRed
on 11/11/13 5:53 am - KS
VSG on 04/01/13

You have come so far, Shaunee!!! :) You LOOK Amazing and YOU/Your Story is so Inspiring!! :)

jenlaur1
on 11/11/13 7:41 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

You have done awesome...very inspiring for me!  You are so pretty. :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

MayPenGirl
on 11/11/13 8:05 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Happy surgiversary.

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views