Surgery soon scared needing comforting words

SecondChanceMomm
a

on 11/30/13 10:27 pm

Hi. My surgery is Wednesday Dec 4.  I am excited but nervous. I have had surgery before but this one comes after a scare with blood clots. I am on Coumadin but right now on lovenox shots.  That's my main worry. Plus I have a small daughter and I worry about her. Really scared and hoping someone in a similar situation can ease my fears.  I have had one thing after another during my pre op. I developed a rash or allergic reaction on my feet.  But been on meds for it and hoping that doesn't interfere.  Had to start lovenox earlier because Coumadin stopped working. Seems every time I dieted the way the doc said , low carb, my blood numbers dropped very low. So they started the shots earlier. Man are they expensive.  Anyway just in a MAJOR freak out mode. Help please. 

SteveWebb
on 12/1/13 12:27 am - NC

I haven't had surgery yet and don't have clot issues, but I am a Christian.  The Lord knows how important this surgery is and how it will improve our lives.  I will pray you do well and recover quickly.  God bless you.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

AnnaPat
on 12/1/13 3:18 am

Love the verse in your signature, it's on my refrigerator, my screensaver, etc.  my version says plans to give you a hope and a future, so I always have peace knowing that His plan is better than any plan I come up with

Noor1969
on 12/1/13 1:28 am

I haven't had surgery yet either, but I'm going through the same nervous excitement. Whenever you get anxious I would think of your daughter and how much healthier and happier you will be post-sleeve. You'll be able to run and play with her and keep up with her without being worn out from all of that extra weight. You'll be able to go to water parks and amusement parks with her and be able to fit in the seats. You'll be able to spend so much better quality time with her. And, God willing, you'll be around to play with her grandkids! 

You have lots to look forward to--I'm wishing you well! 

SecondChanceMomm
a

on 12/1/13 1:38 am

Thank you both so much. You are right. Use her as strength and give it to The Lord. 

mickeymantle
on 12/1/13 2:01 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

cheese cake

now that your comfortable, I have lupus anticoagulant antigen ( not lupus but a clotting problem) and had to take lovenox shots for 1 month

y surgery went great no problems except some bruising from the shots and that they hurt

I was never on a blood thinner before , this problem was discovered when I had my blood work done , now I am treated with baby aspirin,  good thing I had the sleeve and not the rny 

if your surgeon and pcp don't think it is safe for you to have the surgery now they will not do it , you may have to stay on a higher carb plan after surgery , harder to do but do able 

im  shore every thing will be fine

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

SecondChanceMomm
a

on 12/2/13 11:31 am

They thought I had the same thing. I tested on the mild side when in the hospital this summer with four clots. But in October they retested me and he said it was negative. So we don't have anything to really blame but birth control and weight. I have been on Coumadin since June. But when I eat low carb my numbers go very low. They had to switch me to lovenox earlier.  What meds do u take now?  I am really nervous.  My surgery is Wednesday. 

katym
on 12/1/13 2:11 am - PA

Hi SecondChanceMomma,

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. It is totally natural to be nervous--after all this is something you have been working on for months (or years) and it will change your life. Try to take comfort in the fact that your doctors are being proactive. It is so much better that they know about the clotting issue ahead of time and are prepared. I had to have Lovenox shots too.

Best wishes, Katy

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

AnnaPat
on 12/1/13 3:14 am

Doctors turn down a lot of people for this, if yours was afraid you were a risk he wouldn't do it.  There are 3 of us who've had WLS at my work, all of us had an easy time with it.  And are so very happy we got up the nerve to pursue it in the first place - 2 of us were self pay - totally worth it.   You will need to rest/sleep in between taking little short walks around the house to shake out the surgery gas but within a few days you are on your journey to good health :)   I was anemic and on iron, but at my checkup this week my iron is back in normal range, and the doc said everything looks great - I no longer qualify for the surgery, haha.  That made me smile 

with any surgery, all you really can do is pray about it and know it's in His hands. It'll be over before you know it, you'll be 10-15 lbs lighter by New Years & having to buy new clothes this spring :

annapat

lmsypherd
on 12/1/13 3:26 am

My surgery is tomorrow and without all the health issues, still anxious, but at the same time excited!!!!!  I have a 3 yr old and an 18 month old and I can't wait to be a healthy weight again.  Good luck with everything!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views