revison from lapband to sleeve?

misty S.
on 12/3/13 2:23 am

I am thinking of getting a revison from my lapband have had 7 years to the gastric sleeve i live in iowa.  My insurance wont pay so i am self pay any suggestions on cost and doctor and financing and is this a good option? do you like your choice of surgery? suggestions?

Mrs_Desire _
on 12/3/13 2:32 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Well Hello Misty!

I am a band to sleeve revision patient. I had to pay $5000 up front myself. It is apart of the deal with my insurance company.

Anywho... I am on week 3 and let me tell you that this SLEEVE does what my band did before it dayumn near killed me. I was allergic to the band. I am down 23 pounds since surgery 28 pounds total. I believe I have hit the famous 3 week stall. Which is cool by me really .... FOR NOW. 

I am in the mushie stage. I can only get in about 2 oz at a time for now and it last me for a good couple of hours. Eventually I am sure I will get the 4oz at one time stage most people I hear can eat. 

There is a LARGE population, from what I can see, of band to sleeve revisions here. Good Luck!!

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Bearz
on 12/3/13 2:33 am

I am self pay I am going to Mexico through beliteweight .com I am going 1/17/14

danixbanani
on 12/3/13 3:59 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I'm a lapband to sleeve revision and it's the best damn decision I ever made.  Life with the sleeve is amazing.  I can't tell you about self pay costs and what not because my insurance covered everything but I will tell you it is 100% worth the struggle.  I wish you luck and if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me :)

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views