Am I eating alright?

cubs2827
on 12/18/13 2:54 am - Tampa, FL
VSG on 11/25/13

I am had my surgery 3 weeks ago on Monday.  The physician said that once you can eat soft foods you can move onto everything else.  Any problems with eating everything now?  I obviously can only eat a very little; maybe the size of your thumb.

Surgery date: 11/25/2013   Highest weight: 332 lbs   Surgery weight: 326 lbs  

M1:-30  M2:-11  M3:-14  M4:-9.2  M5:-12.2  M6:-6  M7:-11  M8:-9  M9:-1

Gail D.
on 12/18/13 3:05 am

Three weeks out may be too early for 'anything'. Heck, I'm 3 months out and I don't eat anything. Every time I try something, I go very slow, and have learned I can't eat steak, roast pork, or hamburger (unless it's been worked over like for meatloaf or meatballs). Chicken must be very moist. It's a learning process.

I'm going to try salmon today. :-)

Don't ru**** Trust me on this. Rushing hurts.

happyteacher
on 12/18/13 3:39 am

I would strongly encourage you to wait.  The faster you progress your food stages, the faster you get to increased capacity and higher calories.  Also, your stomach is healing and giving it time is a beautiful thing.  If you were to try say a couple ounces of chicken it would very likely cause a lot of pain too.  Take it very slowly- there is no rush.  It is common for the first two weeks to be full liquids, next two weeks puree, next two soft food, then at 6 weeks a relatively normal diet.  Some programs are more strict, some less.  It is all about protecting your stomach and resetting your eating habits right now- so eye on the prize!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

min2758
on 12/18/13 4:03 am, edited 12/18/13 4:04 am - Boise, ID

I had a hard time with chicken at first.  I'm 5 weeks out.  I had no trouble with fish though, so we've been eating a lot of salmon and tilapia.  Costco sells bags of frozen fillets that are individually vacuum sealed.  They also have basil pesto tilapia in the frozen section which is really good.  No matter how soft the chicken is, its still a little challenging to get down.  On thanksgiving, I was 3 weeks out and I ate well cooked caulifower, carrots, and a little bit of dark meat turkey which went down just fine.  I haven't tried steak and I don't think I will for at least another few weeks.  Unless its filet mignon of course.  :)  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views