Help me pick out a dress!!!! Pretty please with a cherry on top

ravenbrown
on 1/13/14 11:50 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Nope, not nagging.  I appreciate the input.  I have cute jackets, and I do plan on wearing coated skinnies, boots & my oxblood leather jacket one night.  I'm not worried about being harassed.  I generally don't get harassed because I have a resting ***** face, plus I'll be with my mom.  LOL.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/10/14 4:22 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I like number 1 and 2. Red...love it. The line of the first dress is best though. Have fun!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

ravenbrown
on 1/13/14 11:51 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you, luvvie!

Imakitekat
on 1/10/14 5:58 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

I love 2, 3 being a close second! Although I really expected a more vintage Betty Paige type dress for you! Honestly, I think you should keep looking for a sassiest one, but if it's Definately  between  those 4 you have my answer. :)

ravenbrown
on 1/13/14 11:54 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thanks!  The only vintage type dresses I enjoy now are wiggle dress :)  I tend to favor edgier clothes - ripped up jeans, boots, flannel, amusing graphic tshirts - or all out preppy clothes - tweed blazers, silk button downs, etc. 

MonkeyToes
on 1/10/14 8:34 pm
I totally dig #3, but #1 is nice too! Would love to see the white dress you are considering, I'm a sucker for white clothing, but have to avoid it like the plague because of my size. Hopefully one day I'll be able to wear it, until then I want to live vicariously through you! LOL
ravenbrown
on 1/13/14 11:55 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

It's the Bardot white dress by Elizabeth and James, and I vetoed it bc I'm afraid I'll get it dirty.  I do want to rent it for something, though :)  Just something that involves a little less drinking and dancing, maybe I can rent it when I go back to NYC for business.  I'd kind of love to see my boss' jaw drop. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/14 8:53 am

Hate the red dress. HATE!

Instant Chemistry is a classic Little Black Dress. Will be very useful.

But #1 is the "hottest". If you want to go for the hot look, go for that. Also, #1 wont' expose you as much either physically or emotionally as #4. You've got to think about that, too. I know you well enough to know that #4 has the potential to make you feel ill at ease.

So there you have it. My not so humble opinion - albeit a day too late!

ravenbrown
on 1/14/14 12:00 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Bahaha!  Tell me how you really feel.  My fashionista friend hates the red dress too.  It semi-reminds me of my wedding dress, although that was strapless and the draping was way different due to the heavier fabric.  Man, I loved my wedding dress.  First dress I ever wore that made me feel like a bombshell, even with my Audrey Hepburn ala Breakfast at Tiffany's updo :)

#4 would make me feel like a street walker.  My mom basically told me that.  I'm sure conservative by nature, so yeah, you're both right.  If I rent two, I'm going to go with 1 and 3.  Nothing makes me feel sexier than an LBD :)

And I was waiting for you to respond the whole time bc I knew you'd tell it like it is!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views