Stall

Tiffanybeal
on 1/14/14 9:31 pm - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

I am a few days over 2 weeks out and I have been at the same weight for a few days. Is it normal to stall so soon? My husband said he was going to hide the scale so I only weigh myself once a week :) 

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/14/14 9:41 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

You don't say if you lost weight pre-op? I'm assuming so, so in that case, you lost xyz pounds on top of the 2 weeks worth of weight loss after surgery. Perfectly normal.  Stalls occur about 3 weeks out, then 9 weeks and so on. Some last a few days, a week or even a month long. At 2 weeks out your body is still swollen from surgery and is adjusting to a new normal.

Keep your protein at 60-80g, Carbs 20-40g and water at 64oz +, walk when you are able and that scale should move again within the next week :)

Mrs_Desire _
on 1/14/14 9:46 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

You might be headed toward the FAMOUS 3 week stall.

I am with your hubby on hiding the scale. Just make sure you get your walking in, SIP your protein and water and REST. At this point in the journey, your body needs to heal. Can you even get in your daily protein amounts right now?

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Tiffanybeal
on 1/14/14 9:52 pm - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

I am still on full liquids I am getting about 60 grams of protein and about 60 oz of fluids. I am walking a little everyday. I did lose like 8lbs prior to surgery then 14lbs after. I am really excited about that in 2 weeks I know it is really great. I will just keep doing what I am doing and try not to weigh myself every day 

Tracy D.
on 1/14/14 10:41 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Just do a search on "stall" or "3-week staff" and you'll get hundreds of hits :-)   It's real, it happens and you just need to stay on track and wait it out.  It won't the last stall you experience either.   One tip:  if you haven't taken measurements yet then do it NOW so you have something to check when you do hit a stall.  Most of the time you will drop inches like crazy when the scale isn't moving.  A more-than-fair tradeoff in my opinion.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 205 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 289 views