Uncomfortable today

merwyns
on 1/29/14 9:12 am
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Hi all,

I'm 15 days out from surgery and was cleared yesterday to start mushies. I had a couple bites of the famous ricotta cheese bake (yum) and it seemed to go down ok. Last night I started to come down with a cold and sinus drainage plagued me all night. This morning I woke up with a lovely sore throat and extreme difficulty drinking again. I'm way behind on liquids and it feels like its back to square one, waiting for some water to clear before I can take my next sip. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I'm going to call my surgeon in the morning if it doesn't clear up some by morning.

Thanks!

~Mer

Tiffanybeal
on 1/29/14 9:15 am - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

Maybe try some warm  decaf tea to help at least get some fluids in. It may also help with your throat 

merwyns
on 1/30/14 3:12 am
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Thanks for the suggestion. Warm tea helped some, but what did the trick was a heating pad on my chest.  Suddenly I was able to drink normally again and even eat a few bites.  I've got to keep that idea in mind!

~Mer

Chida
on 1/30/14 2:27 am

I always take pain medicine to help me swallow when I have a sore throat. It works. I did it pre and post surgery.

merwyns
on 1/30/14 3:11 am
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Thanks.  I should have done that last night. I did pre-op but I have no idea why it didn't occur to me yesterday. I put a heating pad on my chest and what do you know - an hour later I was able to drink as if nothing had been going on all day and I'm so much better this morning.  I'll be keeping that in mind for sure!

~Mer

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views