CHOCOLATE UNJURY IS GROSS!!!

Scribbler
on 2/5/14 10:20 pm

Just had to get that off my (very gassy and burpy) chest!!!

At the hospital, it was chocolate Unjury this and chocolate Unjury that! With MILK!!!! I HATE MILK!!!! AAUUUUGH!!!! I now have this sickening dairy aftertaste in my mouth!!!

Off to the kitchen to find something liquidy that is NOT chocolate Unjury. That stuff is sickeningly, cloyingly SWEET and MILKY!!!

YEECCHHHHH!!!!!!

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/5/14 10:31 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Ah the search for a tolerable protein shake early out...I was a premier protein consumer for a month after surgery then moved on to protein coffees. Kills the sickeningly sweet taste.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mishaann01
on 2/5/14 10:59 pm

Do you make your protein coffee? Or can I buy that somewhere?

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/5/14 11:09 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I make my own. Any protein powder that you have, vanilla or chocolate, and drown it in coffee. I also add almond milk. No need to add sweetner because the protein powder takes care of that. I use decaf or regular coffee, two cups to one scoop of protein. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Scribbler
on 2/5/14 11:29 pm

I'll probably do that when I'm further out, because I looooove iced coffee!!! Right now my little tummy is sensitive and angry, so I'm gently giving it some chicken soup Unjury. I'm able to tolerate that a whole lot better.

kellma699
on 2/6/14 10:29 am
VSG on 02/04/14

I just ordered coffee protein drink mixes from Big Train. Have you tried the Unjury chicken soup flavor? It is awesome. Tastes just like top ramen and you can drink it as a broth or add to soups.

pharmagirl_45
on 2/5/14 10:38 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I just got the Un jury chocolate with splendor and it is very sweet.  I think I will stick with my premier protein shakes for now.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Scribbler
on 2/5/14 11:31 pm

Yeah, I'm not big on sweets myself, and all the stuff at the hospital (jello, popsicles, pudding, Unjury) tasted WAY WAY WAY too sweet to me! I had some herbal tea with splenda and thought I was gonna die! I did drink a whole bowl of chicken Unjury just now though (took my time, burped my baby tummy, sip-sip-sipped it down!)

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

Coacheswife23
on 2/5/14 10:58 pm

The only protein shake I can handle is Core Power. I'm not a fan of chocolate but the vanilla is delicious!  I also like the banana. They have a strawberry/banana that is really good too but it is a "light" version and only has 20g protein per bottle. It's a little pricey ($2.99 each) but considering how much money I have wasted on powders that I can't stomach, it's a bargain. Also, I have found coupons for $1.00 off a bottle so I stocked up. 

BetterTheSecondTime
on 2/7/14 8:46 am - Cortlandt Manor, NY

I like the taste of them - tried them pre-op....but aren't they pretty carb heavy & a lot of calories?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views