I'm sleeved!

Liz1029
on 2/11/14 8:06 pm
VSG on 02/11/14

Hey everyone, I was sleeved on Tuesday 2/11 and so far I've had a stuff time. First, I'm dry heaving and nauseous, even with everything they gave me for nausea. Yesterday I was only able to get down 2 little medicine cups of isopure diluted with water. Twice I had foam come up, the second being right after they gave me liquid pain killers. Otherwise I feel like like I'm going to throw up but nothing is coming out, except the occasional burp. This has me very scared and disappointed that I am unable to get liquids in. I have to go get the test done in a little bit and if I have to drink something for it, I know it's not going to go well. I'm also sore and sick of being in this hospital bed that's so wrong for my back because I can't push my butt far enough back due to the pain. And to too it off, my roommate is mentally challenged and screams all day and all night. I woke up at least once an hour all throughout the night. This pain and inability to consume liquids has made me regret having this procedure. I hope this gets better because I'm terrified I will constantly need to come to the hospital for fluids. 

onmyway06062011
on 2/11/14 10:48 pm - FL
VSG on 03/10/14

I am sorry you are having problems. I hope today will be a better day for you. Everyone's body reacts differently to surgery, anesthesia and medications just take it slow and listen to what your doctor and nurses say. You will be in my thoughts. Dawn

Liz1029
on 2/11/14 11:13 pm
VSG on 02/11/14

Thank you! 

pharmagirl_45
on 2/12/14 12:00 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Sorry you are having a hard time!  It will get better in time.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Liz1029
on 2/12/14 4:27 am
VSG on 02/11/14

Thanks for your support!  I feel like it is getting better finally. I've walked enough laps around the unit to add up to a mile. Now I'm trying to focus on my isopure intake. My stomach feels so weird when anything goes in it but instead of getting nauseous like yesterday, I'm burping. So I'm trying to slow down on my sipping because I feel full very quickly

kellma699
on 2/12/14 11:33 am
VSG on 02/04/14

Can they get you in a room with a different roommate? Rest will be essential for you to start healing. I hope the fluid intake and pain get better for you. Thank goodness you are able to get fluid in your IV for now. Take care.

HW 257, SW 190.2, CW 148.8, GW 125

Liz1029
on 2/12/14 10:58 pm
VSG on 02/11/14

I begged my doctor to let me go last night because otherwise I would have to wait until Friday due to the big snow storm here. I became nauseous again during the drive home last night and felt worse. Drank some g2 Gatorade too fast in the middle of the night and it came back up. Now I'm sipping my diluted isopure but after half an ounce I feel I need to stop. Thinking now maybe I should have stayed in the hospital but I was so uncomfortable there and I feel better at home, except for the nausea that returned. Hoping for my stomach to get better soon. I'm surprised at how little I can drink and it worries me a bit. Thanks for your support!

Most Active