Crohn's ?

Tenacious88
on 2/24/14 11:40 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Good Morning:  Will VSG surgery help if you have Crohn’s disease. Will it set it into remission.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

sbessey001
on 2/25/14 12:50 am

I have Crohn's and am waiting to have my surgery but it all depends on where you crohn's is. It will more than likely help because you won't be eating as much or some of food or drinks that irritates Crohns. The surgeon said since mine is all household in my intestine's there really won't be touching it. 

MsVonne
on 2/25/14 1:37 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

I have Ulcerative Colitis and had my surgery Aug 28, 2013 and it didn't help me in fact I had an flare because I had to stop my maintenance drugs to have surgery. The surgery is on your body so it won't help at all at first if at anytime. So be prepared for an flare because you have to stop your meds 2 weeks before and restart 2 weeks after so you will be off meds for an month. But it is all worth it to have VSG you will be fine through it all the benefits out way all of the flare-ups.  But that is something that we have to live with no matter what we do.  So good luck on your new life.

Yogalady
on 2/25/14 1:52 am

I have it and am 4 months in. Feeling the best I have felt in 30 years all is very quiet no flare ups no nothing!,,

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views