Rings falling off & Disney

Tammy B.
on 2/27/14 4:41 am - Canada

Im always surprised when people say their shoe sizes differ...but I never considered the rings until I lost a ruby on a small ring and decided to switch them up which I do periodically and realized my rings don't fit anymore...I have always had nice hands...they are still nice but getting awfully small lol.  Off to Disney in four days looking forward to fitting into all the rides and seats comfortably....any hints or tips??  Im taking protein bars and protein type snacks and not getting the food plans doesn't make sense when there is no microwaves at the resort anyway...Ill just nibble off my nieces plate and supplement with protein.

The_True_KayD
on 2/27/14 4:53 am

My rings are falling off..Luckily the rings that i wore on my ring finger can now be worn on my middle finger and what I wore on my middle finger can be worn on my index finger. I will eventually go through all my rings and determine which ones will be sized. 

Sorry, I have no recommendations on the Disney trip. Not sure about that nibbling off of your niece's plate. They must have healthy options to eat. If not i would ask for a sandwich and tell them to keep the bread in the kitchen along with the fries. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Jackie T.
on 2/27/14 5:26 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Ladies, my ring is also too big but I am not ready to resize yet.  I went to walmart around the earring section (where they sell extra backs) and they have plastic sizer you can put on your ring to make it snugger.  It took a couple of days to get use to and now I don't even notice it.  They are less that $4 bucks there but if you buy at Icings or other stores like they are closer to $8.

Snacks, measure out some packages of almonds and also maybe take some beef jerky.  I don't think it has to be refridgerated.

Enjoy!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

carrie054
on 2/27/14 6:16 am

We're getting ready to go to Disneyland in a few weeks; my family went to WDW over the summer.  Take your pedometer or tracker if you have one!  And I always pack body glide because of all the walking (especially if you are going to Orlando where it's so humid--not so much this time of year, but still). 

Turkey legs are great (but it will be WAY too much food unless you share it), and you can bring snacks and water or crystal light/protein drinks into the park.  We did the dining plan last year (before my surgery) but even then it was so, so much food.  I felt like we were eating all the time and we still had tons of meals left over at the end.  Have fun!

TexasTerritory
on 2/27/14 8:10 am
VSG on 07/22/13
We went to Disney during the holidays. I took my camelbak for water. I ate chicken nuggets for lunch. And took my protein shakes. I didn't have any problems. Enjoy!

I have had to stop wearing my rings as they were loose. I am not ready to resize yet. I never recognized that my hands were chubby

K. Diamond
on 2/27/14 10:43 am, edited 2/27/14 10:43 am

I had a protein shake in the mornings, brought some cheese sticks with me. I brought a greek yogurt one day and went to the first aid/ baby care center and asked if it was okay to keep refrigerated because I had food restrictions. They had no problems with it! There is a restaurant right across from the race cars in magic kingdom that has a half rotisserie chicken with green beans. I got that and shared with my Mom and sister, it was more than enough food for all of us. In Epcot, there is The Land area, where they have fresh fish, salmon was sooo good, and chicken. Animal Kingdom has some little carts with asian salads( I found it more difficult at this park to find something to eat) and MGM Studios has the abc restaurant where they have a salmon salad and a chicken thai salad, they also have grilled chicken sandwiches at all the parks that they wrapped in lettuce for me. Of course, at sit down meals the chefs will do anything to accommodate your diet. I had a chef make me a beautiful piece of fish with steamed veggies that wasn't even on the menu. The only place I would not go to is Ohana's. Just way to many temptations. I sat down and they brought out the dumplings and the lo mein(my weakness) so I walked out and went back to the room and they took off the charge for my meal, which was nice of them to do. But, Disney really will do anything to make sure you have the absolute best time! Have so much fun!

christinamudd
on 2/27/14 11:12 am

I am so happy for you! Congratulations!  My daughter (7) has been bugging me incessantly about Disneyland recently!  I feel really bad about not going this year but I can't walk longer than a minute or two before my back hurts.  Distance wise, I would say less than 100 feet before i'm getting excruciating sharp lower back pain :( I can't wait to get this surgery! I think the first thing I do when my back pain is gone is take her to Disneyland.  I would say pack yourself a protein shake and buy one of those lunchbags with the icepacks.  You can keep them in the lockers!  I'm really happy for you!  

StarGirl11
on 3/2/14 3:17 pm
VSG on 02/24/14

Im really, really, really hoping you see this before you leave Disney so you can maybe put this advice to use. I am an AP Disney holder. So that's why I know about this trick. Heck I did this to get clear French Onion broth when I was on my pre-op diet. If you mention that you have any sort of Dietary restrictions when you check int the restaurants if you are planning to eat out anywhere they will make a note. The chef will come out ask what your restrictions are and then will accommodate for you. Say you have certain allergies or such. He can even point you to what may work better for you on the menu from what I understand. (I've only done this once but I've read about other people doing it). They are very accommodating you just need to let them know. It might take them a bit longer to get you food though. Sounds like your headed to Disney World and hope you have a good trip.

HW: 306 SW: 256 CW: 243 Goal: 140

DIStickers.com Ticker 

Most Active