Wish I had the hubby's support

Kelly Jean
on 3/26/14 11:28 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Im sorry that he doesnt understand your journey ...that must be hell.... I couldnt imagine that....Thank God...my husband supports me...deep down I believe he wishs  I wouldnt do this....because he wears rose colored glasses...lol .. as said above take him to support groups ....try to explain to him how you feel and want ,and what has made you come to this choice....    explain to him this is something you need to do for you however it would make it easier if he helped and supported you though this.... I believe he will come to his senses and be right by your side....  everything Keith said above made so much sense .....   Either way this is your journey embrase it enjoy it... and everyone here can help you with anything......Good Luck!!!!

shorty71
on 3/26/14 11:57 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

Thanks everyone. This sight is really great. I appreciate all the encouragement you give me. I've been wanting WLS for over 10 years.  Keep telling myself I'll to lose it on my own one more time, then the next time was one more time.  I'm done putting it off any longer.  I have 4 kids that range from 16-22 and they are getting older and I'm not getting any younger.  I can't believe that in 6 days! (Tuesday) I will having my surgery. 

Kelly Jean
on 3/26/14 12:14 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

6days congratulations ,,,,, thats april 1st...Mine is either april 1st or april 8th.... maybe we will have it the same day!!!!best of luck and quick recovery!

lamchop13
on 3/26/14 12:19 pm

I know how you feel. When I was deciding what surgery to have my boyfriend for a year talked about me being skinny, acted supportive, and even made it seem like he wanted me to have this surgery. I was tired of being over weight. I have also been over weight all my life with the same problems, though I was able to control how much I ate, it didn't matter though. I really didn't want the surgery though, I have had so many surgeries for multiple different things in the last 5 years surgery was the last thing I wanted. However I decided because my boyfriend wanted me to have it done I would do it for him. No one supported this decision, my family was totally against it. The day after my surgery I found out my boyfriend didn't want me to have it done this began my depression process that I have been fighting to recover from ever since. This happened the beginning of February mind you. Things were getting a little better, I was starting to accept this life and decision when another curve ball was thrown my way, he told me if I didn't lose the weight in a I needed to have my insurance pay to remove the excess skin because he hates "saggy skin" that he was going to leave me. Again back into depression I went. He has recently told me that it has motivated me to do what I need to, to lose the weight. I don't know if he really will leave or if it was a motivational tactic.. a harsh and cold one at that. Either way, I know how it feels to not have the support you would like and want and how hard it is. Sometimes I feel like its impossible to push forward but I remind myself that I need to for me and for my kids. I hope it helps you to read this so you know you're not alone. Hang in there and I hope he comes around.

Gwen M.
on 3/26/14 12:25 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Your boyfriend seems very manipulative.  Perhaps you shouldn't wait for him to leave you?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views