vicki364
on 3/30/14 2:20 am

Hi!  New member here.  I was sleeved on February 26 and have lost 30 pounds so far.  Does anyone feel terrible after they eat for about 15 minutes?  I now hate meal times.  I feel better with an empty stomach.  

mollz007
on 3/30/14 4:36 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Hi Vicki, I was sleeved six days before you. I can say that thankfully I have not had issues with eating. Have you talked to your surgeon? Does it happen with all foods or just some? Are you able to get fluids in?

check out my blog!

katym
on 3/30/14 4:43 am - PA

Hi Vicki,

Welcome to the board!

No fun to feel terrible, maybe we could give some support or advice if you told us a little bit about what types and amounts of food you are eating. There is quite a variety of eating plans out there. At one month after surgery some could be on full liquids or purees while others may be trying almost anything. Everyone progresses at their own pace, so you may just need to listen to your sleeve and go more slowly.

There is no prize for going back to regular food as fast as possible. The prize is feeling better and improving your health long term.

All the best in your journey, Katy 

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/30/14 5:28 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It could be that you're eating too much or too fast.  Are you weighing your portions with a scale? 

I've had this experience,  but only when I overeat and/or eat too quickly. 

You're newly sleeved and may think you can eat more than your new stomach can handle. Since the nerve endings were cut, we don't have an accurate perception of what our stomachs are experiencing.

For me, I didn't feel what the true restriction was like until week 5-6.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

vicki364
on 3/30/14 5:54 am

Well I thought maybe I was eating too fast.  I am on the semi regular phase.  I usually eat a greek yogurt for lunch which does ok most of the time.  Dinner is my problem.  I usually have soup or 2 ounces of fish with a couple bites of green beans or northern beans.  I tried chicken and it did not do well at all.  I do measure my food so I do not think I am eating too much.  But I do find myself eating too fast sometimes.  The terrible only lasts for a few minutes then it will go away after some deep breathing (ha!) and I have not gotten sick but it hits me so quicklly I don't feel it coming.  I guess it is a learning process.

Jennifer E.
on 3/30/14 10:43 am

My nutritionist tells me to put my fork down between bites and wait 2-3 minutes before taking another bite. If I don't do that I eat fast and don't get the full feeling or the cue to stop until it's too late.... Like I did tonight :(

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

Most Active