One Week From Today...

RoxStar724
on 4/21/14 7:09 am
with

Hi all, 

One week from today I will be sleeved!  I am feeling very nervous about the surgery in general but excited about life post op.  I have been shopping up a storm getting ready for my sleeved life as well as my post op liquid diet.  Any one have stories to share on how long the actual procedure took?  How did you feel afterwards?  I know everyone is different but I like to try and make sure I hear it all so I am not caught off guard by anything.  Thanks all!

Rox

Heaviest Weight - Nov 2013 - 264...Surgery Weight - April 28th 2014 - 237

Tracy D.
on 4/21/14 9:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My surgery took 30 minutes; my husband's took around 50 minutes.  I felt pretty good, he struggled a bit more.  The first three days can be rough but it gets better each day. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Colleen O.
on 4/21/14 9:26 am
VSG on 04/09/14

My surgery was 9 days ago. I don't know the actual time but my family thinks a little over an hour. I woke up extremely nauseous and immediately got more meds for it (I already had the patch). I'm a HUGE baby when it comes to nausea and I won't lie - the first night was not fun. BUT - it was nothing I couldn't handle and it was only one night. I wasn't supposed to have a swallow test (my surgeon checks for leaks while in there) but because I was heaving I had to have one. The contrast is gross but the test is easy. I had zero pain. I even slept on my side the night of surgery. I never took pain meds after leaving the hospital. It is major surgery so I'm sure you will have some discomfort but it's not bad. Today - I feel GREAT! Just hang in there and do everything the doctors and nurses say. They are there to help you do your very best.

HW: 387 (12/13)  ConsultW: 383 (12/13)  SW: 321 (4/9/14)  CW: 234.6 (10/19/14)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views