feeling very nervous

xiomara2
on 5/14/14 7:14 am - Paterson, NJ

I am feeling so nervous today .I'll be sleeved on friday,And so many things are going thru my mind.I have never had surgery before .

mickeymantle
on 5/14/14 7:21 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

If you weren't nerviness  you would not be human 

this is a very safe surgery and all should be fine , you will be surprised how little pain you have

after surgery remember the pain button on you bed and use it as needed , toughing it out does not help- anyone , you heal faster using the pain meds as needed

if you have gas pain the only thing that really helps it is walking and a hot towel

my surgeon has done thousands of these surgeries and has never lost a patient , and complications are very rare

you see some listed on this site , but remember  people are more likely to write when they have a problem then when there doing ok , for ever person with a complication there are thousands with none 

try to relaX  and follow your surgeons instructions and all will be great , see you on the losers bench next week

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

xiomara2
on 5/14/14 7:41 am - Paterson, NJ

Thank u

JT3
on 5/14/14 8:28 am

I totally agree.  I had vsg yesterday and was surprised how little I hurt most of the time.  I used the pain pump until I was discharged this morning, but I was walking within 4 hours of surgery.  My doc had me get a  anti nausea medication called emend to take the morning of surgery and I have had zero nausea.  It's amazing.  The next guy chose not to get the emend and he was pretty nauseous from what I could tell walking by his room.  I was nervous too and you think of worst case scenarios, but this is probably what your doc does full time.  It will be ok and wish you the best.

Katie S.
on 5/14/14 9:15 am - KY
VSG on 05/13/14

I had mine yesterday too!

HW: 311 lbs. || CW (2/14): 290 lbs. ||  GW: 150 lbs.

xiomara2
on 5/14/14 9:47 am - Paterson, NJ

Congratulation praying you have a speedy recovery

xiomara2
on 5/14/14 9:58 am - Paterson, NJ

Thank u and congratulations on your new sleeve

Twinsinsept.
on 5/14/14 8:57 am
VSG on 05/06/14

Everything will be fine.  I am eight days out and had very little pain, and no nausea.  The whole procedure and recovery has been significantly less traumatic than I ever would have guessed.  I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner and for wasting so much time being anxious.

update us when you can, I will be thinking about you.

HW: 345. CW 272

xiomara2
on 5/14/14 9:45 am - Paterson, NJ

Thank u I will keep u updated.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views