Menopause

ToFreeSkinnyMe
on 7/7/14 10:08 pm
VSG on 07/28/14

Hi. I'm new here and was wondering a few things. I have a July 28th date but I had to stop my estrogen cream 30 days prior.  I'm miserable. I know it's only for a short time and that it will be worth it. I'm wondering if post-op the hot flashes and restless leg get better with weight loss? Thanks! 

Dawn ..
on 7/8/14 8:47 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Hi ToFree... I don't have an answer, but I can totally relate to the question. Hoping it gets better. I have read in this forum that so many health issues have improved with the VSG that I am sure this will improve (and hopefully disappear) too.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

ToFreeSkinnyMe
on 7/8/14 8:59 am
VSG on 07/28/14

Thanks Dawn E. I hope for both of us. I know its a hormone issue but a little relief because of weight loss would be wonderful. 

csbsteph
on 7/8/14 2:51 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

YES the hot flashes get better.  Everyone is different but I actually went through a cold all the time phase to now only having the occasional hot flash, where as before my WLS I was sweating like a stuck pig every day.  I'm hoping I will just be cold all the time when I lose more weight.  I tried several types of HRT therapy after my hysterectomy that I had to have; didn't want to have it but had to because of two very large ovarian cysts with one that had grown behind & attached itself to my uterus.  I take Estroven in the mornings & evening primrose oil caps + black cohosh extract supplements at night & they really seem to help with mood swings & hot flashes, but do check with your Doc if you're interested in going that route; it may or may not work for you.  I tried prescription estrogen & even low dose of testosterone for about 2 years & neither helped me at all.  Good luck & you'll be dropping estrogen as you lose weight too. 

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views