Vitamins?

ANTI0NETTE
on 9/5/14 3:32 am

I do to. And I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening and tgey good.

amyvsg6614
on 9/5/14 9:25 am
VSG on 06/06/14

My doc only requires me to eat gummy vitamin a day.. 

Gwen M.
on 9/5/14 9:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

:(

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lilly M.
on 9/5/14 11:17 am
RNY on 09/10/14

I'm set for RNY next week on Wednesday. Knowing that for the rest of my life I will have malabsorption issues, and after all the research I have done, paying particular attention to scholarly articles from medical professionals, I decided not to ever skimp on vitamins. Quality and completeness is key. I may pay extra for them; however, I am no longer eating huge portions of fast food for big bucks almost daily. I was willing to spend extra money eating junk food, so I have no problem spending a fraction of that on quality vitamins.

Gwen, I wasn't specifically replying to you, but I wasn't sure how to simply post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on vitamins. I think as you do!

Revision from Nissen Fundoplication to Roux-en-Y on 09/10/14. HW (214) 05/12/14 SW (198.8)

poet_kelly
on 9/5/14 11:31 am - OH

How come he doesn't think you need copper or selenium?  Or calcium citrate?

Even if he only "requires" you to eat gummy vitamins, how come you don't think you need all that other stuff?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 9/5/14 11:30 am - OH

The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery says it does not need to be chewable.  If you prefer a chewable, though, I think Bariatric Advantage has other flavors, and you could also try Celebrate and Building Blocks and Centrum chewables. 

It does not need to be "bariatric."  That word on a bottle of vitamins doesn't really mean anything.  Some vitamins marketed to bariatric patients don't even have all the vitamins and minerals the ASMBS says we need - like Wellesse has a liquid multi they market to bariatric patients that has NO minerals in it at all.  What we do need, according to the ASMBS, is a vitamin with 100% of the RDA of most stuff in it, including minerals like copper, zinc and selenium.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/20 1:27 am, edited 3/30/20 7:23 pm

Very helpful! I think it is really important that you achieve good health and maintain it. As for me, I often get some supplements and vitamins from Canadian Pharmacy which help me with it. Have a look there too, maybe you will find it helpful

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views