Hard time w/ protein shakes-not any more!

stoutts
on 9/10/14 2:04 am

I have tried a gazillion different shakes and hated them all. Something about the taste. And I love chocolate.  Who knew?  After some recommendations from this
forum I tried the Nectar-Fuzzy Navel-and really liked it.  Until 2 days ago. Now I love it. Scoop of powder, 3 oz. Dannon Greek Yogurt (toasted coconut flavor), 4 ozs peach concentrate,
three chunks frozen pineapple, and ice.  Tastes like the islands mon.   Now if I could only get away with adding a little rum.....it would make Statistics class a whole lot easier.

wannafeelbetter_2080
on 9/10/14 2:11 am

Good afternoon,

I am new to this forum and wanted to know how to post a question but I could only find the reply button, Im sorry to use your post to ask this silly question.

Good luck with your new drink, I will hopefully be starting mine in a few months. :)

wannafeelbetter_2080

stoutts
on 9/10/14 2:38 am

It's ok!  This can be tricky to navigate. At the top of the forum page, right under VSG Forum I believe is where you can add a new post-or question.  Good luck!!!

Luvmygs
on 9/10/14 2:19 am
VSG on 12/04/14

This sounds delicious, I'll have to try it. What do you mean when you added "peach concentrate"? I've been drinking 1 scoop of Bluebonnet Whey protein isolate, 4 pieces of frozen bananas (I buy fresh bananas and slice them up and place in the freezer for my smoothies), and add 1 tablespoon of Torani sugar free peppermint syrup = yummy chocolate mint shake!!!

stoutts
on 9/10/14 2:37 am

In the Latin food aisle in my local grocery store there are cartons of juices boxed. I used the peach concentrate. Has water, and I'm sure probably white grape juice added. It really is delicious.

Tracy D.
on 9/10/14 2:49 am, edited 9/10/14 2:49 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

"Peach concentrate" sounds like another term for something that is high in sugar and carbs.  And pineapple is very carb heavy too.  I'm glad it's helping you get the protein down but this concoction wouldn't work for a lot of people.  

It would never have worked for me post-op because I'm a type 2 diabetic that was taken off all my meds immediately post-op.  Something like this will shoot my blood sugar up into the high 200's and I will end up craving carbs later or crashing back down in the 60's a couple hours later.

ETA:  if the peach concentrate is sugar-free then it's probably not as carb-heavy as it sounds!  :-)  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Kelly Jean
on 9/10/14 2:58 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I was just thinking exactly what Tracy said!!! Sounds like a ton of sugar and carbs ...

It Also sound totaly heavenly. ... maybe a special treat here or there it wouldn't be so bad ... but be careful good luck :-) 

♡ Kelly

hollykim
on 9/10/14 5:00 am, edited 9/10/14 5:19 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM Pacific Time, stoutts wrote:

I have tried a gazillion different shakes and hated them all. Something about the taste. And I love chocolate.  Who knew?  After some recommendations from this
forum I tried the Nectar-Fuzzy Navel-and really liked it.  Until 2 days ago. Now I love it. Scoop of powder, 3 oz. Dannon Greek Yogurt (toasted coconut flavor), 4 ozs peach concentrate,
three chunks frozen pineapple, and ice.  Tastes like the islands mon.   Now if I could only get away with adding a little rum.....it would make Statistics class a whole lot easier.

how many of these are you drinking a day?  One has 30 gms of sugar.

stoutts
on 9/10/14 12:14 pm

thanks for the questions. Only one every few days. Not every day. Just on days I feel like I'm not getting enough protein. Luckily I never had any issues with diabetes so the natural sugars in the pineapple, the roughly 3 ozs of greek yogurt has about 8 sugars, and cup of the juice has 29. I'm using a little less than half a cup of juice. I could probably switch to frozen peaches and try it with coconu****er-haven't done that yet to cut down even more. The Syntrax Nectar has no sugar and no carbs. I'm thinking roughly 25 sugars.  I'm by no means a doctor OR a nutritionist-just a picky bish that finally found something she could tolerate.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views