Almost 9 months out and feel hungry sooner after I eat

mmsmom
on 9/17/14 4:37 am - Woburn, MA

Sometimes I find cold drinks (like all the water) make me feel hungry - and i can get some satisfaction from a warm drink like tea.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kelly Jean
on 9/17/14 5:13 am
VSG on 04/08/14

It wasn't until the last few weeks that I've even gotten hungry till now for 5 months there was no hunger at all... so I total get ya... it's kind of like the very beginning when there was head hunger ... I'd just do something else like walk or get on the phone something that would occupy my time so I wouldn't eat... try drinking something or going for a walk far away from the cupboards and the refrigerator! !! Good luck you got this stick to plan... your doing awesome!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

A. Kondrlik
on 9/17/14 9:45 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

If you are having problems getting hungry shortly after eating then try increasing the amount of dense protein at your meals and snacks and eat the protein first. For example eat two eggs and no toast for a while instead of one of each.  I for a long time ate 2 eggs and some veggies (like a little omlette)  for breakfast and I stayed full for three hours.  It could also be acid, so if you are not taking a PPI check into that.  Make sure you are waiting at least half an hour before drinking anything.  There is a really good post by Frisco "Pyoric Valve 101" that explains things really well. Search it out.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views