Loser's Bench Boot Camp Report Day's 9-12 (Shark Smelling Blood)

Sammy D.
on 10/20/14 12:03 am - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

First off what a great weekend. Pre-op was great with 25lb loss so far. And reat anniversary dinner with wife at Cracker Barrel (Approved and planned deviation).

Saturday morning began for me a slight shift off course from plan. I ended up having breakfast at the hotel, and ate 2 meals traveling home.... No problem get back on track Sunday right? Nope. Started the day on plan then woke up to pizza smell after my after church nap. Of course it immediately attracted me and I ate the last slice of ham/pineapple pizza that was left. Then after church Sunday night I grab small dinner with wife. One of those things where "oh you messed up, myswell try again tomorrow".

After last night I took a head check. Sometimes it's like a shark smelling blood. I know it's the flesh talking and nothing more than a small battle within myself.

I'm back on plan today and no looking back, and no more excuses. I've done well so far, no need to derail and screw this all up. Keep me in your prayers. I've most definitely learned something from this experience. Enough to carry me to the finish line.

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

Luvmygs
on 10/20/14 12:30 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Sammy, sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary weekend! I'm pretty sure we all fall into that shark tank, but we know what we have to do. It starts with making the decision to take control of our life and get back on track. You'll do it. Make this a positive journey.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/20/14 5:39 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

There are certain foods I just can't have around because they are such huge triggers.  It's like when you're a drug addict and the drugs literally speak to you, begging you to take them.

I've found that I have to keep them out of my house to avoid letting that internal demon talk me into indulging.  It's tough.

My husband bought bags of Halloween candy on Sunday and all I could think was "How the hell am I supposed to get through the next two weeks knowing that they're here?"  I hide them to at least get them out of my sight.

Keep hanging in there.  Sometimes we fail, but it's more important to get back on your program and keep trying, especially during your preop diet.  All the weight you lose now is weight you don't have to struggle with after surgery.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views